High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST GTG noob questions

BrantSFGDS

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm curious as to what exactly constitutes a GTG? What exactly goes on, are there rules involved, is there actual tree falling involved or is it like some kind of lumberjack games thing? Just curious.

DSS

widebody
Local time
10:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm curious as to what exactly constitutes a GTG? What exactly goes on, are there rules involved, is there actual tree falling involved or is it like some kind of lumberjack games thing? Just curious.
Chainsaws. Food. Lies.

Basically, they cut wood, eat a lot, fart, and tell stories of questionable accuracy. It's apparently a lot of fun.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not normally any tree falling, but if you had a bunch of trees needed to be taken down, I am sure you wouldn't have a problem finding help to get it done. Not normally any lumberjack games, although we are contemplating incorporating an event at one or our upcoming GTGs.

As previously mentioned, it is normally a fun event with not much work involved. We eat (a lot), BS (normally around a campfire or nice hot stove), and tell lies. There are usually logs (see above pictures) to test other people's saw on. People bring there saws for other people to try out. The main event is usually the chainsaw races; they are lots of fun and determine bragging rights until the next GTG. There are different classes to race in, such as stock saws (with divisions based on CCs) , modified saws (with divisions based on CCs), and, my favorite, sometimes a "vintage" class for the old iron and magnesium.

More pics for your pleasure:

DSC_7151.JPG

DSC_7137.JPG

DSC_7733.JPG

DSC_7110.JPG

Last edited:

BrantSFGDS

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I dig it! I reckon I'll have to search one out within reasonable distance. Anyway, I've got this cousin with 40 acres that's covered with standing dead ash trees. We're out of storage space at the moment but we're thinking we may invite people over to have a tree falling party once we get another structure up.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dig it! I reckon I'll have to search one out within reasonable distance. Anyway, I've got this cousin with 40 acres that's covered with standing dead ash trees. We're out of storage space at the moment but we're thinking we may invite people over to have a tree falling party once we get another structure up.

We have them in Kentucky on occasion (annually). I went to my first Kentucky GTG last September. A member here puts them on. Not sure if he is having one this year or not. They usually get announced with a date set 5-6 months in advance. There should be some fellow Kentuckians on here to help you get those trees down.