High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Going to try out a Dol-Kita 4300 this weekend :)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You run that 4300 to much and you will be buying one!
Possibly....but I DO have a 242xp project underway. ;) Unfortunately a bad round of truck repairs this past week has put a hurtin on us so my parts buying for the 242 has to be suspended for a little bit. But at any rate, I'm very much looking forward to running my 242xp and Pop's 4300 side by side and seeing how they stack up against one another

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So can you guys clear up one question I have on this saw? I know it's a mag case construction, but is the cylinder open or closed port? Not that I'll think any less of it if it's open port, just curious is all.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a big fan of the 421. I bought a lightly used one last summer, and use it whenever I can. Mine only has a muffler mod and runs absolutely great. It's definitely a saw that has more guts than you'd think. Put a loop of Stihl 63PS chain on it, and go to town.

7sleeper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Already a day old this thread and no hands on experience so far... very disapointing thread...

:D

The 4300 won't have much chance against a 242, which runs 15500! But I believe it won't be much behind.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So can you guys clear up one question I have on this saw? I know it's a mag case construction, but is the cylinder open or closed port? Not that I'll think any less of it if it's open port, just curious is all.
Its a 6 graduated port channel open port cylinder ...if you didn't know , i bet you wouldn't have guessed . :)

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Possibly....but I DO have a 242xp project underway. ;) Unfortunately a bad round of truck repairs this past week has put a hurtin on us so my parts buying for the 242 has to be suspended for a little bit. But at any rate, I'm very much looking forward to running my 242xp and Pop's 4300 side by side and seeing how they stack up against one another
AV....you should feel the difference ...the mak/dol i think is "deceptively " smooth.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Already a day old this thread and no hands on experience so far... very disapointing thread...

:D

The 4300 won't have much chance against a 242, which runs 15500! But I believe it won't be much behind.

Yeah sorry...my wife and her mother are having a giant garage sale up here this weekend, so consequently the old man and I are having a hell of a time being left alone long enough to get some wood done...every other minute they want us to do something! :mad::mad:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You were right Simon, there are fish gills in there...I was so focused on getting rid of the cat that I completely overlooked them! Lol! I opened them up farther, would have cut them out if I had a whizzy wheel here but I don't... Oh well, should still be better than it was. :)

No cutting as of yet today, the wife and mother in law have kept us busy with the stupid sale all day again today... :(

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well we got a little bit of cutting in. Ran the little 4300 a bit cutting some stuff that was 10" and under hardwood. VERY nice AV and very good power for it's size. I think it is much happier with the cat removed and the gills opened up a bit. This saw does NOT have the cheap box store saw feel that most saws in this size class usually do. One thing I did notice was the straight top handle angle. Guess I've been running my Huskies long enough to notice a little thing like that. Not something I can't live with, but it is noticeable to me.

All in all, very impressive little saw in pretty much every aspect considering it's size. If I didn't have my 242xp on the bench I would be wanting to pick one of these up pretty bad. :)

Sorry, no vid yet..my videographer was not present

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well we got a little bit of cutting in. Ran the little 4300 a bit cutting some stuff that was 10" and under hardwood. VERY nice AV and very good power for it's size. I think it is much happier with the cat removed and the gills opened up a bit. This saw does NOT have the cheap box store saw feel that most saws in this size class usually do. One thing I did notice was the straight top handle angle. Guess I've been running my Huskies long enough to notice a little thing like that. Not something I can't live with, but it is noticeable to me.

All in all, very impressive little saw in pretty much every aspect considering it's size. If I didn't have my 242xp on the bench I would be wanting to pick one of these up pretty bad. :)

Sorry, no vid yet..my videographer was not present
All sounds familiar Joe. That Sq handle thing is like Jonny Reds i believe ?......(My 630 was like that). They do free up after some work time and if you ended up doing a tree takedown or some field line work cutting green timber rather than stack work you get even more of a feel of the capacity of the saw. Bit unfair of me to mention the AV compared to the 242 really as the saws are 30 + yrs in design apart so there cant be a like for like thing there (springs are just better ). The 40cc class of saw is often talked about as a "redundant" cc class due to the modern 50cc saws....Thats debatable i guess:).
Oh yea...fuel..i can never get over how little they use not even being a "strato" ! not even close to a fill up after this..

Photo0858.jpg

Last edited: