High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Friends and family or 3%

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I know what this means but would like clarification please.
If I use PayPal and send money via friends and family vs a business is it free and the business is 3% fee?
I see it all the time and just want to be sure.
Isn't using PayPal business guaranteed incase you get ripped off?

Al D.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

bagpipingtrucker

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So who actually pays the 3% the buyer or seller?

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And it's completely up to the buyer to choose which type they pay with. You just want to keep the buyer in the loop and adjust the price paid accordingly if the seller isnt willing to absorb the 3% on the sale.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The thing I don't like about Goods and Services is that the buyer has all the power. If someone isn't happy with a port job, or just wants to be a dick, he can file a claim and get his money back. And I'm out with no recourse. It's a slippery slope

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about Goods and Services is that the buyer has all the power. If someone isn't happy with a port job, or just wants to be a dick, he can file a claim and get his money back. And I'm out with no recourse. It's a slippery slope

If you sold a product your out the money and the product. That just don't seem right.
If you only except friends and family does it hurt your sales?
@huskihl

Ebay did this and I'm never going there to sell as an individual. You have no power.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you sold a product your out the money and the product. That just don't seem right.
If you only except friends and family does it hurt your sales?
@huskihl

Ebay did this and I'm never going there to sell as an individual. You have no power.
Never said I only accept f&f. Just a heads up to the guys selling or porting saws. It's always good to have a positive relationship with every customer. So far that's been the case

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Never said I only accept f&f. Just a heads up to the guys selling or porting saws. It's always good to have a positive relationship with every customer. So far that's been the case
Let me reword that. Which method do you normal use?
I'm trying to get a wood thing off the ground. I know credit cards will be in the mix also. No way to avoid them today.

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me reword that. Which method do you normal use?
I'm trying to get a wood thing off the ground. I know credit cards will be in the mix also. No way to avoid them today.
I'd prefer f&f, obviously. But I'm not going to let it spoil a sale. If a guy will only use goods and services, that's fine

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
9:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven’t sold much on this site but have bought a few things now over the past year and I only use F&F. I don’t know what the US is like but in Canada as soon as G&S are involved then the CRA want their cut. A bit of trust has to be involved but that come with the territory.

I did sell a OeM handle here for $20 and shipped it down south which cost me $22 in shipping lol. I didn’t specify what type of payment I wanted and he paid G&S which cost me the 3% of the $20 I charged. I thought it was funny as I was already basically paying him to take the handle lol

Louiesdad

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FYI
If someone were to report a seller to PayPal for requesting a buyer use f&f, PayPal, has in the past, suspended the seller account for breach of their user agreement.

I have seen it happen several times. Seems if seller does 5 plus sales a mo with value of total of 1k it peaks their interest.

If a seller is breaching his contract with PayPal for just 3% what ethic value does it tell you about them. What are they going to do with your agreement?

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With goods and services selling I get to print postage through paypal which is usually easier for me and I think you get a small discount on shipping also.