Flying Tiger MS660

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm running the AM filters on 3 of my 1128 saws. I have not noticed any improvement from doing so, and IMO the HD-2s clean easier (the pleats on the others get bunched up and trap stuff).

I know some dealers charge more, but I'm paying less than $25 a piece for HD-2s (in fact, I was told list is $27). If they stay on a saw for a year, and make my life easier, they are worth it to me, I don't care what the saw cost.

I guess since they cost a fraction of OEM, you could justify just replacing them more often. However, I have not seen any definitive testing evidencing that they out flow or out perform OEM.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm running the AM filters on 3 of my 1128 saws. I have not noticed any improvement from doing so, and IMO the HD-2s clean easier (the pleats on the others get bunched up and trap stuff).

I know some dealers charge more, but I'm paying less than $25 a piece for HD-2s (in fact, I was told list is $27). If they stay on a saw for a year, and make my life easier, they are worth it to me, I don't care what the saw cost.

I guess since they cost a fraction of OEM, you could justify just replacing them more often. However, I have not seen any definitive testing evidencing that they out flow or out perform OEM.
Ok enjoy your build

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll tell you what surprises me about 066/660s. These saws have much more displacement than a 440 or 460, yet is does not seem to me that the intake boot or carb are any larger (in fact, I think they may be more restricted). You would think a saw of this size would need more carburetor, yet they seem to run fine when modded properly.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're the one that told me about the white filters

We did a test on the dyno with my 460. Can't remember the results...thread on it somewhere.... but I use the white AM ones now, so it must have done pretty good.
In fact I think they flow better when "dirty" if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lmao one reason they say the white is better is because you can see how dirty it is I have a few filter styles and I don't see that much off a difference other than how much you want to pay