Firewood tractors

XP for Life

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's awesome, I need a spot for a couple saws myself.
Getting ready to drop a nice sized locust today, the tractor will be used to pull it off its lean. Then dice it up and clear the snow and fill a little more and mover the chicken coop with the tractor. It's right at the limit of the tractor, a nice set of SSQD forks would lighten the front a lot, but it would also lighten my wallet :risas3:.
Where you at in the mitten?

Houghton Lake. Not sure if you remember, but I sold you a MS261 3 or 4 years ago. I delivered it to you.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Houghton Lake. Not sure if you remember, but I sold you a MS261 3 or 4 years ago. I delivered it to you.
Nice area for sure, was it your brother who lives in the UP?
Are you sure it wasn't a 291, I remember that lol.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir, I added a hydraulic top link to both of my tractors, and a side link to my Kubota while I was at it. I added 3 remote valves to my Kubota a couple winters ago. I lucked out and someone on tractorbynet who had the same machine did a super detailed write up of adding 3 remotes and doing a diy top and tilt setup, part numbers and everything. I think 3 remotes and the cylinders was under $1100. It's super handy having hydraulic controls for those functions. Even just for hooking up implements it saves a lot of time. Using the box blade with forward/back, side to side, and hydraulic rippers is really slick. It's made me totally spoiled!
That's very nice.
I was thinking of snagging up another L3800 and then selling mine, it had lower hrs and a couple sets of remotes, unfortunately someone else got it first. You snooze you loose :crybaby2::eaea:.
I bet that makes using those forks on the back slick.

Dropped this locust the on the 1st with a rope doubled off a nice elm thru a pulley. I set the notch up and decided to take a bit more off to compensate for the wind, the wind let up and I decided to go for it as it looked okay. Well it was about 2-4' off where I had it gunned, took out a nice red oak I was planning on saving. At least I got my screwup of the yr out of the way:risas3:. It was back leaning about 5' at 50' up so I'm not totally bummed that I missed my mark, but surely bummed about loosing a nice 5-6" red oak.

girlsaxe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back!! I decided I would go with the Norse 350 from Labonville, but they are out of stock.
Uniforest the next best price is out of stock. I broke down and shelled out the extra grand, and have a Farmi 35R coming.:applaudit::eusa_dance::dancer2:

Less features more money but great reputation. Maybe it is like buying a Kubota.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 280050 View attachment 280051
My little firewood tractor. Not big enough to skid tree length out of the woods. But, it feeds my wood splitter decently once the woods out to a landing.

Looking good. There was a guy making 3 point grapples like that near here a few years ago. I think he was selling them for like $12-1400 or something like that. Kinda wish I would have picked one up. I love my Farmi winch, but sometimes the grapple would be slick.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the farm we had a John Deere D for pulling the wood sleigh loaded with logs and then put a 20 foot loop of belting on its clutch drum to power the buzz saw to buck the logs up into stove length.

Sorry no pictures of the JD D as I had no camera in the 1960s.
But here a cool video of a tractor I would love to own

2 stroke single cylinder Lanz Bulldog that can run at zero rpm.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW the D model John Deere was the largest displacement two cylinder JD ever made .6 3/4" bore, 7" stroke 34.6 drawbar HP 900 rpm 40 HP on the belt . In low gear I don't think you can stall one .

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the farm we had a John Deere D for pulling the wood sleigh loaded with logs and then put a 20 foot loop of belting on its clutch drum to power the buzz saw to buck the logs up into stove length.

Sorry no pictures of the JD D as I had no camera in the 1960s.
But here a cool video of a tractor I would love to own

2 stroke single cylinder Lanz Bulldog that can run at zero rpm.
That was a cool vid.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Super excited! Finished the 3rd function install on my compact tonight. This was all done on off the shelf parts from the farm store. Made all the brackets and very happy with the way it all turned out. I ran the circuit from one of my rear remotes valves. The valve handle is in a very convenient location so I think this will work well. Hopefully going to pick up a grapple bucket this weekend and we'll see how well I did!

PXL_20210203_005259375.jpg PXL_20210203_005314285.jpg PXL_20210203_010014848.jpg PXL_20210203_010027660.jpg PXL_20210203_010043444.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was noticing the rear blades which I had to use yesterday to plow my drive way because the flippen Jeep didn't want to start .That might have had something to do with the fact it had not been started in nearly a year .They are better than a scoop shovel not as good as a front mounted angle blade .I finally did get the Jeep going after a certain amount of profanity and a squirt of starting fluid .After it chugged away on half choke it finally straightened up .Maybe the next snow it will behave itself so I don't have freeze my business off on that damned tractor .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local TSC now sells Yanmar subcompact tractors so I had to go check 'em out. They look like pretty much the same thing everybody else sells, except I couldn't find a brake pedal? Am I missing something here?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local TSC now sells Yanmar subcompact tractors so I had to go check 'em out. They look like pretty much the same thing everybody else sells, except I couldn't find a brake pedal? Am I missing something here?

It's above the direction pedals. Not in a very good spot. The rest of the tractor is extremely well built. I do not like the three point turnbuckles or how the mowing deck attaches to the tractor If you go that option. As a loader tractor it's a good unit.

20200416_210013_HDR.jpg