High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fellow Vets, Firefighters and Police Officers - Memorial Day '18 Plans?

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you to all who served and to those in uniform now !!
I keep quiet, don't really even talk to my family about it.
I came back, a few of my good friends didnt
I've said enough

Fire the grills or smokers up, have some friends, a couple of Marine Corps League Jarheads usually swing by, drink a beer, a toast to our fallen brothers/sisters, and enjoy some good eats!

Cheers fellas! Thanks for your service.

My oldest daughter is serving at Fort Benning--she went Infantry!

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
8:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to accompany my father, as his guardian, on an honor flight to D.C., to visit the war memorials. He served in the Korean War.

To all of you guys who served- thank you for your service.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am the fallen soldier, sailor, airman, and Marine.

Remember me.
I am the one that held the line.

In order to serve, I left behind the family, friends, and freedom that so many take for granted.

Over time, I used different weapons: a sword, a musket, a bayonet, a rifle, a machine gun.

Often, I marched into battle on foot – countless miles – across whole continents. I had little water and even less food. But it did not matter. We had a job to do.

Other times, I rode to battle on horseback or in wagons; sometimes on trains; later in tanks or Jeeps or Humvees.

In early wars, my ships were made of wood and powered by the wind.

Later they were made of steel and powered by diesel fuel or the atom.

I even took to the air and mastered the sky in planes, helicopters, and jets.

The machines of war evolved and changed with the times.

But remember that it was always me – the warrior – that had to fight our nation’s enemies.

I fought at Lexington and Concord as our nation was born.

I crossed the Delaware on Christmas day in 1776. Freedom was on our side.

I defended The Chattahoochee river in the War of 1812. I would stand again.

In the Civil War, I fought with my brothers – and against my brothers – at Gettysburg and Shiloh and Bull Run. I learned that we must never again divide.

In World War l, I marched on the Marne and held the line at Belleau Wood. The War to end all wars, they called it. I just called it hell.

In World War ll, I fought everywhere: from the beaches of Normandy and the Battle of the Bulge, to the sands of Iwo Jima and the hell of Guadalcanal. I stood against tyranny and kept darkness from consuming the world.

In Korea I landed at Inchon and broke out of the Chosin Reservoir. They called it the forgotten war – but I never forgot.

In Vietnam, I went and I fought in the Mekong Delta and at Ia Drang and Khe Sanh and Hamburger hill. Some say my country waivered. But I did not waiver. Ever.

In the recent past I have fought in Grenada, Panama, Somalia, and other desperate places around the globe.

And finally I have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Baghdad, Fallujah, and Ramadi.

In Kunar, Helmand, and Kandahar.

As technology advanced, I used night vision goggles and global positioning systems and drones and lasers and thermal optics.

But it was still me, a human being, that did the work.

It was me that patrolled up the mountains or across the desert or though the streets.

It was me that suffered in the merciless heat and the bitter cold.

It was me that went out, night after night, to confront our nation’s enemies and confront evil face to face.

It was me.

Remember me. I was a warrior.
But also remember:
That I was not only a warrior.
I was not just a soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine.

Remember also: that I was a son, a brother, a father.
I was a daughter, a sister, a mother.

I was a person – like you – a real person with hopes and dreams for the future.

I wanted to have children.
I wanted to watch my children grow up.

I wanted to see my son score a touchdown or shoot the winning basket.

I wanted to walk my daughter down the aisle.
I wanted to kiss my wife again.

I wanted to grow old with her – and be there to hold her hand when life grew hard.

When I told her I would be with her until the end – I meant it.

When I told my children I would always be there for them – I meant it.

But I gave all that away.
All of it.

On that distant battlefield, on some god-forsaken patch of dirt, amongst the fear and the fire and the bullets.

Or in the sky above enemy territory filled with flak.

Or on the unforgiving sea where we fought against the enemy and against the depths of the abyss.

There, in those awful places: I held the line.
I did not waiver and I did not hesitate.
I: The Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine.

I stood my ground and sacrificed my life – my future, my hopes, my dreams.

I sacrificed everything – for you.

This Memorial Day, remember me: the fallen warrior.
And remember me not for my sake – but for yours.

Remember what I sacrificed so you can truly appreciate the incredible treasures you have: Life. Liberty. The pursuit of happiness.

You have the joys of life, the joys that I gave up, so that you can relish in them:

A cool wind in the air.
The gentle spring grass on your bare feet.
The warm summer sun on your face.
Family. Friends. And freedom.
Never forget where it all came from.
It came from sacrifice: The supreme sacrifice.
Don’t waste it. Don’t waste any of your time on this earth.
Live a life that honors the sacrifice of our fallen heroes.
Remember them always. And make every day... Memorial Day.

Jocko Willink is a Retired Navy SEAL Officer, author of "Extreme Ownership," "Discipline Equals Freedom Field Manual," and the "Way of the Warrior Kid" series, and hosts the top-rated podcast: Jocko Podcast.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice @breese . Make sure you guys send any and all Vets over this way so I can put their name in the hat for the upcoming raffle. I've gotten quite a few raffle tickets and will donate my pick in the raffle (if I win) to a randomly chosen Veteran in honor of Memorial Day 2018. I've enjoyed helping fellow Vets in the past, and I haven't been able to do as much as I usually do, due to unforeseen changes in our lives. It's my way of saying "thanks for your service".

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for starting this thread. I have seen a pic that has a death toll of every war since ww1. Crazy to think of all of those people all of those souls given so we can have campfires and talk about what ever we want.

I had 6 years in the navy. I am humbled by some that have given all. While I had relatively easy enlistment.

We have ran all weekend. I’ll play with some saws do some painting today.
Tomorrow is a marathon relay. I have 6 miles to run. Then bbq with team
Sunday lay low. But weather permitting I will coach a baseball practice for 3 and 4 year olds

:eek:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for starting this thread. I have seen a pic that has a death toll of every war since ww1. Crazy to think of all of those people all of those souls given so we can have campfires and talk about what ever we want.

I had 6 years in the navy. I am humbled by some that have given all. While I had relatively easy enlistment.

We have ran all weekend. I’ll play with some saws do some painting today.
Tomorrow is a marathon relay. I have 6 miles to run. Then bbq with team
Sunday lay low. But weather permitting I will coach a baseball practice for 3 and 4 year olds

:eek:
Thank you for your service David !!

Last edited:
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Public Service Announcement:

On Memorial Day the official protocol for flying the American flag is as follows:

From sunrise until 1200 the Flag is flown at Half Mast to honor the fallen and the veterans whom have passed,
From 1201 until sundown the Flag is flown at Full Mast to honor the memory of the fallen as well as the wounded and survivors.

Please be courteous and mindful when speaking to Military families and Veterans as Memorial Day is seldom a “Happy” day for them.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is unknown to most but there are lyrics to accompany the playing of Taps. 2 variants of the lyrics are utilized; one for the playing when the American flag is lowered every evening and the other for the honoring the fallen.

DD3F5421-D61D-4ECF-8A48-18E461A5D12C.jpeg

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys just want to say thanks for all of you that have served.
I was born on a Memorial day as got older there was one birthday in my mid teens where everyone forgot about it. I couldn't believe nobody remembered. As I got older realized that its not about me but about those that gave more. Whats it worth if we forget about those. Thats the importance of Memorial day and to never forget there was always someone else that gave more so we could have ours. This is a driving force to keep on keeping on no matter the circumstanses this life brings.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys just want to say thanks for all of you that have served.
I was born on a Memorial day as got older there was one birthday in my mid teens where everyone forgot about it. I couldn't believe nobody remembered. As I got older realized that its not about me but about those that gave more. Whats it worth if we forget about those. Thats the importance of Memorial day and to never forget there was always someone else that gave more so we could have ours. This is a driving force to keep on keeping on no matter the circumstanses this life brings.

Another Gemini, hey? My wife and are both May birthdays (24th and 28th). Enjoy your birthday.

Well said, it is a day that we unanimously honor those that have given all, and made the ultimate sacrifice. Self sacrifice walks side-by-side with servicemen and women. It's just something that all of us accept and "carry on".

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's the day, folks. However you may choose to spend it, I wish you all peace as we remember the sacrifices of others . Some gave all.....

"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Memorial Day men ........... Please remember those who have fallen so you can stand today, and thank those that have returned from service safely, they too chose to be put in harms way so that we could have a backyard to BBQ in today.