Country flag

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that but it seems like they all hit the market at about the same time. I was just wondering if there are NIB models still to be had.
The guy you’re talking about Wayne is in Wolverine, MI, brick and mortar shop. He’ll be selling again on CL at the time his eBay ad says. He sold a bunch last year before the shop closed for winter. All the ones I know of were not refurbs.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy you’re talking about Wayne is in Wolverine, MI, brick and mortar shop. He’ll be selling again on CL at the time his eBay ad says. He sold a bunch last year before the shop closed for winter. All the ones I know of were not refurbs.

That's good to hear.

04ultra

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

He bought up all of Hayward Dist. New 2166 Stock when they reduced the price to clear them out.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like the market is going to be flush with them. I wouldnt mind getting a cheap 2166. I would not be happy to get one cheap that I though was going to be like NIB though. Definitely look like scratch and dent saws to me.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of unhappy campers on AS with the eBay Jreds. Definitely used saws mixed in.
It's wrong they were advertised as new.
The real tragedy is the guy's that bought piles
Of them to resell.
They are not worth as much as marked as refurbished
Guy on Facebook wants 550.00 plus shipping
After grinding the transfers.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of them to resell.
If the saws are in great shape then it’s a great buy but as you said, they were advertised as “Not refurb.”

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He bought up all of Hayward Dist. New 2166 Stock when they reduced the price to clear them out.

We didn't get this option here in the North East. Neither on the leftovers or any opportunities on R models. Our dist. was still sitting on a LOT of 2166's the last time I looked. They only marked them "down" a few dollars. No where near where you could call it a good deal and take a bunch.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of them to resell.
If the saws are in great shape then it’s a great buy but as you said, they were advertised as “Not refurb.”
I agree with both of these. False advertisement at its best. My question is what possibly could of got refurbished? Or what qualifies it to be marked refurbished? Looks all oem and there was no sign of fuel or oul in the tanks. Maybe a lil fuel down the carb hole for a test fire cuz the plug had slight color and carbon on top of the piston...... mine was poorly packed and obviously dropped. It had wear marks but that could of been from hanging from something or how it was stored. The saw had not a single wood chip anywhere.

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been tempted to pick up one of these to have treemonkey rebuild using the top end from my wore out 2171. Thanks for the warning!