High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo cs 620 air filter mod

Olskool

OPE Member
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is not allowed her.
I have a cs 620p and I want to up the carb and intake to one from the cs 680 and would like to fit the automotive style air filter has anyone done this before what are the pros and cons and can it be done any information would be highly appreciated. On another note is there a shindaiwa group on hear as well or would they fall in with echo thanks in advance

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cs 620p and I want to up the carb and intake to one from the cs 680 and would like to fit the automotive style air filter has anyone done this before what are the pros and cons and can it be done any information would be highly appreciated. On another note is there a shindaiwa group on hear as well or would they fall in with echo thanks in advance
Hi.

Welcome to OPE! I moved this to the general chainsaw page, so you’ll get some more traffic on your post.

There is a Shindaiwa thread here: https://opeforum.com/threads/hmmm-no-shindaiwa.960/

And the Echo thread is here: https://opeforum.com/threads/echo-echo-echo.759/

As for your question I’ll tag Joe @Red97 He’s the Echo and Shindaiwa man around here, and if he hasn’t done it he’ll likely know someone who has.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oddly enough, the stock carb ran pretty well on the 79cc big bore 620’s Joe and I did. Not familiar enough with their air filter setups to know of a better one

Yeah the carb that comes on these saws is far more capable than it appears. Mine is modified on the echo hybrid I have, but I literally wouldn't change anything. Saw is a monster.

Olskool

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the clam shell one and new filter on after 6 tanks separated the old filter and it had fine dust inside the filter so I wanted to see if there was a way to change it out to the automotive style filter or is there any recommended tips for the air intake I’m new at trying to modify saws I want to port the saw as well and mainly just a woods saw I can run and depend on I have the cs 620p and a cs 370 that got a gutted muffler and opened the existing exhaust exit a little more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the clam shell one and new filter on after 6 tanks separated the old filter and it had fine dust inside the filter so I wanted to see if there was a way to change it out to the automotive style filter or is there any recommended tips for the air intake I’m new at trying to modify saws I want to port the saw as well and mainly just a woods saw I can run and depend on I have the cs 620p and a cs 370 that got a gutted muffler and opened the existing exhaust exit a little more

No other real options other than stock 2 piece, or the one Nick makes the username I tagged above.

Olskool

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well ty for all the advice I finally got all the parts in and put them on my shinny 600sx just need to order a ported muffler or make it my self I have not had the chance to get her in to some wood yet but will be soon and if you’re local echo shindaiwa dealership says the echo 620 pw handle dose not fit show them this saw that’s a factory 620pw handle on a shinny 600sx. Ty red beard saws the filter setup works great (Yes that’s the kitchen table lol)IMG_8288.jpg
IMG_8287.jpg
IMG_8286.jpg
IMG_8285.jpg
IMG_8284.jpg
IMG_8283.jpg
IMG_8280.jpg

ryan a

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen some run an o-ring w dielectric grease on the stock filter where it meets the backing plate to keep fine particles out.

Olskool

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was going to try that but the filter is a 2 peace design so personal preference is this style of filter plus this filter combination with a ported muffler should bring 20-30% more power after tuning the carb