Dolmar 6100 oiler

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. It looks like I'm going to have to remove the pump to see if it can be fixed. So I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and order one and replace it since it never oiled that good anyway. It may have been a bad pump from the factory. The cheapest I have found one is $25. That seems a bit steep to me but I never bought but one oil pump before and it was Chinese after market for a Husqvarna.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Same thing happened to me. I got a pump from Sawagain $29.95 shipped. I did measure the new pin if you are interested.
0.0400" Length 10.17mm
0.0630" Diameter 1.60 mm
That diameter is with it in the screw, so it my actually be slightly larger. You can download the repair manual also, just Google.
Either way you have to tear it down to the pump and loosen the screw to lift the gear end and push it in while you twist the pin into position. If I remember right it will go in turning clockwise.
I noticed my pump shaft was sticky when I would push it in so I definitely changed the whole pump. It would also leak plenty of oil while sitting, so while I was in there I sealed around the hose into the reservoir and hose connections with some Ultra Black. Between the new pump and sealant it has been very good.
Another thing I have experienced and also read about is I had issues with the chain coming off with a 20" Oregon Versacut bar with a slight pinch or tip hits (doing a lot of small limbing). I also have a 24" Tsumura lightweight and have not had this issue. I have a 20" Tsumura lightweight on the way now. As a testament to Tsumura, I had this bar on when I lost my oiler screw and it almost quit oiling shortly after refueling and I had know idea until my chain stretched pretty bad and noticed maybe only an 1/8 of the oil was gone and 3/4 tank of fuel.
Not a mark on the bar anywhere.
Just a couple extra things I thought you or others might be interested in.
Good luck with your oil pump.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. I got a pump from Sawagain $29.95 shipped. I did measure the new pin if you are interested.
0.0400" Length 10.17mm
0.0630" Diameter 1.60 mm
That diameter is with it in the screw, so it my actually be slightly larger. You can download the repair manual also, just Google.
Either way you have to tear it down to the pump and loosen the screw to lift the gear end and push it in while you twist the pin into position. If I remember right it will go in turning clockwise.
I noticed my pump shaft was sticky when I would push it in so I definitely changed the whole pump. It would also leak plenty of oil while sitting, so while I was in there I sealed around the hose into the reservoir and hose connections with some Ultra Black. Between the new pump and sealant it has been very good.
Another thing I have experienced and also read about is I had issues with the chain coming off with a 20" Oregon Versacut bar with a slight pinch or tip hits (doing a lot of small limbing). I also have a 24" Tsumura lightweight and have not had this issue. I have a 20" Tsumura lightweight on the way now. As a testament to Tsumura, I had this bar on when I lost my oiler screw and it almost quit oiling shortly after refueling and I had know idea until my chain stretched pretty bad and noticed maybe only an 1/8 of the oil was gone and 3/4 tank of fuel.

Tsumura’s are the best bang for your buck out there but I wish they would make a few choices for stihl small mount. Nobody makes a pro bar for 200t’s that will last as long as a tsumura. Except maybe a cannon...

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
0.0400" Length 10.17mm
0.0630" Diameter 1.60 mm
Thanks for the info. I ordered the pump but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. So yours is oiling good now? Where is the best place to get a tsumura bar? I have seen them priced all over the place.

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I ordered the pump but haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. So yours is oiling good now? Where is the best place to get a tsumura bar? I have seen them priced all over the place.

My oil pump is working fine now and I have it turned all the way up.
The bars I just shopped around the Internet. I should have checked here too. K095 mount for the 6100.
By the way you will need to remove the clutch. I couldn't find any simple way to get it off, so I ended up welding up a clutch removal tool. If you download the repair manual you will see what it looks like and the 3 prongs that match the holes in the clutch. Pops right off. Also the clutch has backwards threads.
Stuff the cylinder full of rope through the spark plug hole to keep the engine from turning while you remove and install the clutch OR you could remove the muffler and with the piston all the way down insert a firm piece of wood as a stop. I did the wood method because I started with a nylon piston stop which broke so I had to open it up to make sure I got everything out of the cylinder!
It's really not bad at all and a great learning experience.
By the way if anyone looses that oiler screw it is magnetic, I was kind of surprised since it looks stainless.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My oil pump is working fine now and I have it turned all the way up.
The bars I just shopped around the Internet. I should have checked here too. K095 mount for the 6100.
By the way you will need to remove the clutch. I couldn't find any simple way to get it off, so I ended up welding up a clutch removal tool. If you download the repair manual you will see what it looks like and the 3 prongs that match the holes in the clutch. Pops right off. Also the clutch has backwards threads.
Stuff the cylinder full of rope through the spark plug hole to keep the engine from turning while you remove and install the clutch OR you could remove the muffler and with the piston all the way down insert a firm piece of wood as a stop. I did the wood method because I started with a nylon piston stop which broke so I had to open it up to make sure I got everything out of the cylinder!
It's really not bad at all and a great learning experience.
By the way if anyone looses that oiler screw it is magnetic, I was kind of surprised since it looks stainless.
I received the new pump Tuesday. I put it on today after work. Went smoothly, I used rope for a piston stop and a hammer and pin punch to remove the clutch, two whacks and it came loose. The saw is basically new so I didn't figure it would be that hard to get loose. I turned it all the way up, it oils now. I didn't cut with it, I just cranked it up and ran it a few minutes. It doesn't sling much off the bar, but the chain is good and oily. I will get one of those tsumura bars when funds allow. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to cut with it a little today but it was 88 degrees outside when I got home from work. That's too hot for me to use a saw.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t adjust the 6100 pump with the saw running. Kills them the first time. I’m not proud , I learned this the hard way.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t adjust the 6100 pump with the saw running. Kills them the first time. I’m not proud , I learned this the hard way.
Come to think of it, I turned mine with the saw running but I think I turned it too hard and broke the pin.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Come to think of it, I turned mine with the saw running but I think I turned it too hard and broke the pin.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
That’s what I thought when you said the screw fell out. That’s what mine did. When you fix it you’ll see that the way it works it’ll break every time.