High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Decomp valve or plug it???

Coolcraigster26

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What do you guys think about decomp valves. I see they make plugs to plug off the decomp valve. Half the time I don't even use the one on my stock MS661 unless I think about it. Just seems like something that will start leaking over time causing low compression/air leak. Read where one guy said the little valve on the end broke and fell into cylinder and ruined the top end. Just curious what you guys think about them. Should I just plug off my decomp valves?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you guys think about decomp valves. I see they make plugs to plug off the decomp valve. Half the time I don't even use the one on my stock MS661 unless I think about it. Just seems like something that will start leaking over time causing low compression/air leak. Read where one guy said the little valve on the end broke and fell into cylinder and ruined the top end. Just curious what you guys think about them. Should I just plug off my decomp valves?
Leave it on that saw

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Engineers (and bean counters) are loathe to add unneeded features and parts to a design.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They all have residue around them, every time you push it in when the motor pops it releases oil through the valve with the air. The sawdust sticks to it.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
7:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clean, functional de-comps are really nice on saws with high compression.

The modern Stihl decomps seem really good and rarely leak. I wouldn't plug a 661.