High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Craftsman YTS 3000 modification

Jeff W

New OPE Member
Local time
4:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Craftsman YTS 3000 riding mower, model #289241. I live out in the country, and my “lawn” is fairly rough, comprised of native grasses and such. I have the mower deck set at the highest setting, but still run into problems hitting rocks and stumps, etc. Is there a way to modify the deck hanging system to have a cut height of about 6”?? A shredder on a tractor would be overkill, but I’m tired of rebuilding my deck. Thanks!

e.fisher26

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Do u have the bigger rear tires? Get bigger fronts also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff W

New OPE Member
Local time
4:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about that, but haven’t researched it very thoroughly yet.

e.fisher26

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There’s usually 2 sizes of rear tires. The bigger size barely misses the deck. But bigger front tires will raise the front of deck higher. But if that’s the only way to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good chance you've already run these thoughts.
But I'll toss them out for anyone to read and maybe inspire someone.
Plus sometimes our health gets in the way of what otherwise seems a simple answer (something my more recent years have shown me).

What's the price to rent a push type stump grinder?
How about a second hand chainsaw and extra guide bar & 3~4 chains with files.
Just figure trashing a couple~three chains and a bar to be the cost of getting the stumps gone.
Do local ordinances (and surrounding conditions) permit burning the stumps?

Or how much to rent one of the mini excavators?
Get both the stumps and the rocks dealt with!
IF the rocks are too big to dig out or are are outcroppings that you'd have to hammer off with heavy machinery?

Heck.
Flag the f###### things or put flower pots, etc on top of 'em so you can avoid them.
Put old tire type planters around things and ya got a rubber bumper to hit at least.
Kidding aside, the tire planters (or any sort of bottomless enclosure) will help the stumps rot away and then you can stomp a bit of dirt into the hole, every couple of summers, so that you aren't knocking the front tires off the rims from hitting the stump holes.