Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Joe. It looks like that one is quite a bit more robust than the other ones. If that one ends up being too expensive, is there any of the other ones you'd recommend?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Joe. It looks like that one is quite a bit more robust than the other ones. If that one ends up being too expensive, is there any of the other ones you'd recommend?

Honestly all of the ones you listed will work, but I am much more fond of the Kawasaki than the Briggs. If you can afford to pay the difference I highly recommend stepping up to the DXLS.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly all of the ones you listed will work, but I am much more fond of the Kawasaki than the Briggs. If you can afford to pay the difference I highly recommend stepping up to the DXLS.
Thanks for the advice! I'll have see what comes out of the whole deal in the end.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just came back from the dealer and have decided to go with the YT42LS. Is this one Joe approved? @Onan18
I really wanted to step up to the DXLS, but it was a little too much money for me at the moment. The LS has the Kawasaki engine in it, albeit 18 vs 22hp. I'm not too concerned about the difference in power, though. I never wished for more hp on the old one.
The LS also has the locking diff, which will be great in my hilly yard.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just came back from the dealer and have decided to go with the YT42LS. Is this one Joe approved? @Onan18
I really wanted to step up to the DXLS, but it was a little too much money for me at the moment. The LS has the Kawasaki engine in it, albeit 18 vs 22hp. I'm not too concerned about the difference in power, though. I never wished for more hp on the old one.
The LS also has the locking diff, which will be great in my hilly yard.

Sounds like a perfect fit Sondre.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has long been my experience that a cheap hydro transmission will do you no favors. Honestly, I think some of the best riding mower transaxles ever made were the old MTD Vari-Drives that they made for years. Hydro convenience with gear drive simplicity. I have a 22hp/46" Troy Bilt V809 from around 2001 and it's a great machine, with hi-lo range.