Trader history (0)

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forget the excact name, but I use the one rope method, with a Blake’s hitch.....like I told Ritchie, (the guy who taught me), I just wanted to know the basics, how to properly/safely get into a tree with just a rope, saddle, gaffs, and lanyard....

The more I do it and the more I learn, I can always get the more up to date climbing technology.....

Do you have a good place to practice climbing.....I luckily have numerous silver maples in my yard that need cut down....I have 3-4 that have to come down between now and spring, they are to close to my new septic system I just got this summer$$$$.......I have practiced in the ones I know I am cutting down, so I didn’t gaff a good tree....

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir it is....and I tell you what for an active guy that don’t mind working his ass off, it’s actually fun....But then agian I am not the go in after work and set in front of the tv type either!!!!

I know people dont buy books much anymore, but many really skilled guys with years of experience recommended this book....it’s cheap, not to thick, and super handy....I have went to grab it many times to remember a knot, or figure out another....it’s got everything about climbing and it’s a no bullsh*t type book, straight to the point...I think you would really like/benifit from it....

Now I just need to get some time to rebuild this damn 200t so I don’t have to climb with a damn ms180, LOL!!!!

Pic of that book
View attachment 106057

That book was the first piece of equipment I bought :)

I've got some places to climb. There are a couple of MASSIVE oak and maple trees on friends' properties. Once I get the hang of it and start feeling ballsy, there's a guy up the road from me with two no-*s-word 90-100' oaks in his yard. The branches don't start till about 30' in one and 40'+ in the other. I noticed that both trees need some attention. Dead wood and some new growth down low that I'm sure he doesn't want.

Maybe I'll hit him up for some practice too.

Shanson

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are some great posts on here that go much deeper than looking for gear!! A thought process that seems to be going by the wayside with a lot of people! There was a wood stove in my house when I bought it 18 years ago. Picked up a saw to gather firewood and now am a licensed arborist trying to get a small family type business going. Never was lucky enough to have someone to be a mentor besides all the usual you tube guys. Lol. It's amazing what things can progress in to.