Christmas Exchange Echo 620

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a good running efco/oleomac at the 4 cube build off at Tlandrum's place. It was a 962.

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your Partner definitely had the best color scheme.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanted to give a update on where I am at on this Echo, it's is sitting on the floor untouched since Sunday week ago. In case anybody was wondering.:rolleyes:

I was wondering... So thanks for the update. Feel free to share the thoughts going through your mind about how you will approach it. I'm reading this and other threads and I'm right there with you in trying to understand how different things effect how the saw will run...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the echo out for some run time. All I can say is wow!!!! Two tanks thru it today. First tank only used 1/2 tank of bar oil, second tank matched up perfect. The oiler was set to max, grant it was cutting a super dry dead standing red oak. IMG_1039.JPGIMG_1041.JPGIMG_1043.JPG

Super impressed with how the saw performed with only a muffler mod. I though the air filter was questionable but it seems to have done well for 2 tanks. The factory deflector is turned towards the brake handle, Ill have to keep an eye on it.

For me as far as comparison sake, it has more grunt than a husqvarna 359 or 365, it feels to hold a bit more rpm than a 036 but doesn't pull down as low, it is not a Stihl 044 but might out do a ms440. Matter of fact I'm taking a 361 next time out and give the echo some perspective. Subject to change with more run time.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wait till you have a gallon or 2 through a echo every echo I've touched was a turd new vs a gallon or more through it. the 620 pw and the stihl 150t are the next 2 saws on my list

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put my bar oil in the gain container. The spigot helps me not spill any when refilling. The offset clears the front handle. Wish I had known this years ago. You guys should try it.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I put my bar oil in the gain container. The spigot helps me not spill any when refilling. The offset clears the front handle. Wish I had known this years ago. You guys should try it.
I use those for old motor oil great fire starter

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i use quart bottles i refill from the gallon jugs of bar oil.