Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought I'd share this with y'all...

Last night we had a serious front roll through here with 50-70 mph gusts and heavy, heavy rain with a few boomers mixed in for good measure. When I walked outside at 6 this morning this is what I saw.

20160225_055522.jpg

Not to mention the rest of the yard looked like a war zone. When I got home from work I grabbed the 346XP from the garage. It hasn't run since the middle of summer and has been sitting through the winter full of 40:1 TruFuel. She popped on the 2nd pull and was running on the 3rd. Cleaned up the mess around the truck and some of the bigger stuff that fell in the yard. All told, I ran the saw for about 30 minutes and she never skipped a beat. When I was done I pulled out the backpack blower (also sitting full of TruFuel) and cleaned everything off the driveway.

This is the reason I use the canned stuff. No worries about it sitting and the equipment runs a lot better too IMHO.

sefh3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My dealer has moto mix. I've been tempted to use it in saws that sit for a few months. It's kinda pricey but sounds well worth it. Thanks for posting this.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer has moto mix. I've been tempted to use it in saws that sit for a few months. It's kinda pricey but sounds well worth it. Thanks for posting this.
Cheaper than rebuilding or replacing a carb and fuel system components.
Or worse.....a top end

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i run nonethanol gas and my cousin came and i showed him how it started after 6 months of sitting its nice knowing you shouldnt have trouble because of the ethanol crap

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use it on my 40cc and under stuff. They use such a small amount anyway that it doesn't make a big difference on cost. Benefits are well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a saw in last week. .....
So stinky and gummy the owner left
Cheap gas in it for two years

sgrizz

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Canned fuel for low use or long time storage is the way to go. I go to our local heating oil company and can get Sunoco 260 gtx or 112 octane race gas .
Nice thing is just bring a can and get how many gallons you want or buy it in the 5 gallon pail .

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just started my husky 395XP last weekend that been sitting for at least 1.5+ yrs.. to split some big oak rounds for firewood, same deal as Thread OP, second pull she sneezed, 3rd pull she is warming up!!!! Stihl branded Motomix,,,, good chit,,, tru-fuel, VP 95 octane, they are all good, especially if you have a good old big one or little one for that matter, that is subject to sit for a bit!! #1 in my book

Last edited:

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used VP fuel for 2 yrs now of course I don't make a living with my saws, just heat the house. I think you could put it in a blew up saw and it would run.......just my two cents [emoji12]

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
4:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used Aspen fuel on saws that I dont use often, the only thing I hate with it is the price tag, 3,5$ pr litre fuel.
I've had saws stocked with the fuel for over 1 year, 2-3 pull and of they go.

I think all the pumps here have ethanol, up to 5% as I have understood

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Totaly agree about using Tru Fuel . Every time i switch to Premium E fuel for a lot of cutting I have to re-tune tho. I heard that Tru fuel is offering a 5 gal pale now.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run AV gas in any saws that are going to sit haven't had trouble yet. I just keep one can mixed with AV gas around.