High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Can someone tell me about 036s please?

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well I ended up buying it. Let's just hope that there's not too much Chinese rubbish fitted to it - which will obviously go in the bin after getting OEM stuff to replace.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pictures when you get it
Yeah, for sure. TBH It will probably be a long term project. I've got a 044 to play with first, probably gonna try for a 460 hybrid there. Plus being the summer I've loads of domestic stuff going on - trimming the boundary hedges etc. :(

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In regards to the pic above I don't believe that saw came from the factory as pictured. The decomp cylinder cover isn't correct for the style air cleaner cover. I have some experience with the Chinese cylinders and they do not perform anywhere near the original 036 OEM cylinders. These saws ported are very nice.

Funny what you said regards the cyl cover and filter cover mismatch, since the seller does mention this:

"it doesn't like to start cold with the air filter cover on"

so I guess your comment perhaps hints towards the reason.

I'm just praying the cylinder is OEM.....I was too impatient to doublecheck with the seller first...

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was my first saw, 1996 is on the chain brake handle. It used to kick like a donkey, trying to start it, then I relised it was running rich. Then after faffing around trying to set the carb and not having any luck. I pulled the carb and reset the metering leaver, I don't know the history of the saw as I brought it of ebay about 5yrs ago
Anyhow That did the trick with the mixture after dialing in the standard settings.
Now it starts fine, no kicking/pulling the starter cord outta ya hand.
I did have probs with the starter, as stated above only one pawl !

Yeh your top cover looks like a Asiany copy, with the name plate, as mine is a metal/alumin type one. My air filter cover has a leaver you turn 45* to take it off.

I will post a few pics if I can later
Ps it's my fav saw with 18" bar
Cheers

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This was my first saw, 1996 is on the chain brake handle. It used to kick like a donkey, trying to start it, then I relised it was running rich. Then after faffing around trying to set the carb and not having any luck. I pulled the carb and reset the metering leaver, I don't know the history of the saw as I brought it of ebay about 5yrs ago
Anyhow That did the trick with the mixture after dialing in the standard settings.
Now it starts fine, no kicking/pulling the starter cord outta ya hand.
I did have probs with the starter, as stated above only one pawl !

Yeh your top cover looks like a Asiany copy, with the name plate, as mine is a metal/alumin type one. My air filter cover has a leaver you turn 45* to take it off.

I will post a few pics if I can later
Ps it's my fav saw with 18" bar
Cheers
Thanks Dude,

The seller just contacted and apparently mine is getting sent out soon, and it may arrive by the end of the week :)

I'll post piccies too and lets hope it's hope it aint been too Asianified.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did the badge go in the second pic? All absorbed by glare?

Looks original to me. There are some mid-year change saws I've seen in the 026/036 model line.

For example, @Onan18 has a metal badge decomp 026 PRO, only one I'd ever seen.

036 Have that flat top cover. All MS360 are PRO and usually have more of a bubble top cover and only a rounded model spec badge on the recoil.

Late 036 and All MS360 have a bigger airfilter and matching AF cover with a lever and not the knob your saw has.

Your saw has the more desirable rear cover, at least to me. Your saw should have a non compensating carb and the smaller airfilter. You can put the factory metal mesh filter on that saw and the saw will perform better.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny what you said regards the cyl cover and filter cover mismatch, since the seller does mention this:

"it doesn't like to start cold with the air filter cover on..

The master switch is rubbing the cover, which won't let it go all the way to full choke. My 34 super is that way

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The master switch is rubbing the cover, which won't let it go all the way to full choke. My 34 super is that way
On mine, the control lever wasn't moving the choke far enough to close it. Seems like I bent the linkage a bit to make it close all the way. 30 years of use will do that I guess lol

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where did the badge go in the second pic? All absorbed by glare?

Looks original to me. There are some mid-year change saws I've seen in the 026/036 model line.

For example, @Onan18 has a metal badge decomp 026 PRO, only one I'd ever seen.

036 Have that flat top cover. All MS360 are PRO and usually have more of a bubble top cover and only a rounded model spec badge on the recoil.

Late 036 and All MS360 have a bigger airfilter and matching AF cover with a lever and not the knob your saw has.

Your saw has the more desirable rear cover, at least to me. Your saw should have a non compensating carb and the smaller airfilter. You can put the factory metal mesh filter on that saw and the saw will perform better.
Thanks man, that's really helpful.....and thanks again for doing all those piccies.

So from what you said re. the filter cover - do you think my 036 is an earlier one?

BTW do you not think that late setup is better AF wise since a larger filter surely means better flow?

EDIT: Yeah glare must've got on the badge - those were the sellers pics. I'll hope some up once I receive it - tail end of the week according to the dude.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see she's sporting a "Carlton" bar.....you fellas know anything about these? Or are they a Brit make?

I've only used oregon or stihl in the past so I would not know what all the AM bars are like exactly.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know the history, but Carlton made good bars. I have a 28" RSN on my 7900 right now that Stihl Livin gave me for Christmas. It looks to be similar quality to the stihl bars I have.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 036 has the newer 1/4 turn lever. My 034 super has the round knurled knob like yours. Not sure if yours was from an 034s originally and someone swapped it on or if maybe the early 036 came with that style air filter cover.

Carlton bars are good

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 036 has the newer 1/4 turn lever. My 034 super has the round knurled knob like yours. Not sure if yours was from an 034s originally and someone swapped it on or if maybe the early 036 came with that style air filter cover.

Carlton bars are good

My 036 has the knurled knob.