Briggs choke shaft

KSWR

Active OPE Member
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't find model number, book says model 100000-130000,, looking for info on how to remove and replace the cheap plastic choke shaft ,,

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't find model number, book says model 100000-130000,, looking for info on how to remove and replace the cheap plastic choke shaft ,,

Post up a pic would be super helpful. If it's like the other plastic shafts you just pull the choke plate out with pliers and slide the shaft out.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
130000 series is the 5hp horizontal engine. If you have the carb i am thinking of you need to knock out the disk at the end of the carb and pull the chike plate out of the shaft with a pair of needle nose pliers.

Does it look like this?
https://images.app.goo.gl/K9ojrLNaYL3PaMgQ8

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
see if this helps

Yup. Just pull the choke plate out with some pliers and slide the shaft out the top. Slide the new shaft in and push the choke plate back in the new shaft.

KSWR

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
see if this helps
I know how to get the choke plate and shaft out but how do I order the right choke shaft without the eng model number?, I looked in all the recommended places and nothing on the stickers either other than ser # and family numbers.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know how to get the choke plate and shaft out but how do I order the right choke shaft without the eng model number?, I looked in all the recommended places and nothing on the stickers either other than ser # and family numbers.

Oh, well that's not what you asked.

Is this one of the china honda clone briggs? If so the model numbers are engraved on the side of the block opposite the cylinder. They are kind of hard to see.

KSWR

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, well that's not what you asked.

Is this one of the china honda clone briggs? If so the model numbers are engraved on the side of the block opposite the cylinder. They are kind of hard to see.
It says Briggs, has alot of briggs stickers on it.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
there is a briggs emblem etched on the side of the cyl block with some numbers is that it ? No model,type code etchings ?

Yes. This is indeed a china clone honda.

Last edited: