High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Blown up MS441 value?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This right here is why I dislike new saws. I think I'll be in control of my own fuel/air mix thankyou, rather than letting some firmware cock it up for me! Give me an 066 Red light over a 661 C-M any day
If you ran a well ported 661 for 1 day you would never use that 066 again.

I was the same way until I started porting and running them,there the strongest 90cc saw and they don't constantly need tuned no matter how far it's ported.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For Stihl to remove the screwdriver from people's hands will save millions of dollars.

I whish all saws were mtronic because when I run it and send it home to the owner it's going to run the same.

I've spent countless hours trying to help guys get a saw tuned after they get it back.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For Stihl to remove the screwdriver from people's hands will save millions of dollars.

I whish all saws were mtronic because when I run it and send it home to the owner it's going to run the same.

I've spent countless hours trying to help guys get a saw tuned after they get it back.

there is no shortage in "shorty bus" construction orders....some people just ain't made to run anything but a hammer or a stone.
and some people can fark up a stone.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you ran a well ported 661 for 1 day you would never use that 066 again.

I was the same way until I started porting and running them,there the strongest 90cc saw and they don't constantly need tuned no matter how far it's ported.

Yeah you're probably right, but how does an M-tronic cope with port work? As surely advancing timing and porting wouldn't change rpm due to the computer? And are they set to be overly rich from factory like a 3120xp?

Just curious more than anything, they're something Ive always tried to avoid for my own saws but maybe I'm just comfortable with what I know

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah you're probably right, but how does an M-tronic cope with port work? As surely advancing timing and porting wouldn't change rpm due to the computer? And are they set to be overly rich from factory like a 3120xp?

Just curious more than anything, they're something Ive always tried to avoid for my own saws but maybe I'm just comfortable with what I know
I just R&D for 2 months on 2 different 661's and had 4 different cylinders on and off 10+ times,changed muffler outlasts 10+ times,ignition advance is huge and never once did either act up.

Run a 661 all morning and at lunch take the muffler cover off and run it the rest of the day. It don't care,the instant it's running it's tuned,regardless of modification.

Probably 7 times now I've put a regular carb on one and not once has it been stronger than the mtronic,they start on the first or second pull and never die or act cold natured. Amazing saw fellas.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well that's nice! Now you can port and not have to worry about the carb! Hard to tell if the WJ was slower though. Both ran great!
There almost exactly the same time and the mtronic never needs messed with
Tune won't change with temperature or as the filter gets dirty,it takes care of it.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
woodchipper.gif

There , now it's free .

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well, saw is mine for $125. Did a write up of what OEM parts would cost me....lucky for me at our shop we get stuff for our cost plus 10% so I can have a Piston/Cylinder, Gasket set, connecting rod bearing, carb kit, fuel line, filter, spark plug, rim sprocket, and a chip guard for $250. And that'll give me a running 441 power head for $375. Not sure if it's You Suck worthy, but I like it! Got me some custom spikes on the way(Thanks RI Chevy!) and I'm gonna look into a 32 inch light bar, chain, skid plate, and dual porting the muffler. Should be a good runner. Thanks guys! Will start a build thread.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, saw is mine for $125. Did a write up of what OEM parts would cost me....lucky for me at our shop we get stuff for our cost plus 10% so I can have a Piston/Cylinder, Gasket set, connecting rod bearing, carb kit, fuel line, filter, spark plug, rim sprocket, and a chip guard for $250. And that'll give me a running 441 power head for $375. Not sure if it's You Suck worthy, but I like it! Got me some custom spikes on the way(Thanks RI Chevy!) and I'm gonna look into a 32 inch light bar, chain, skid plate, and dual porting the muffler. Should be a good runner. Thanks guys! Will start a build thread.
I have a good oem cylinder if you want to save some money

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4700 coil can get them to lean,that was the exact problem.

Coil upgrade took care of it.

Want to sell/trade it?
I'm looking for one,need any saws ported?
This one has a new modual,then they found out the piston was scored.Decided to unload it.It came with an extra coil,but the old modual was left behind.
Not in a rush to sell it yet,this is the first one that i have had my hands on.
And yes i do need saws ported,trying to decide on one to send in for a port job i claimed in a fundraiser.I am sure after i get it back there will have to be others that will have to be done.