Best stove side splitter.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys post your favorites!
I just picked up this little Husqvarna small splitting axe and I am really liking it so far.
Here is a video of it.

I also grabbed the little multi purpose axe but I have not used much yet.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was expecting to see you splitting in house beside woodstove lol.
My stove side splitter is a 4 ton ryobi log splitter that sits beside the stove.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Estwing Fireside Friend...FTW!! You need look no further...

I've got one of those too. It was my grandpa's. Darned nice chewed through the lacquer and ate the leather washers that make the grip on mine (not whole it was next to the woodstove, btw). Been meaning to get my buddy who does custom handles to put something fancy on there.

Actually, my favorite splitting tool for next to the stove is a fixed blade knife with a decently long blade. My stove is miniature (Morso squirrel), so my firewood is already very small. I just use the knife to make very small kindling when needed. The blade is thick enough at the back to push through kindling with my palm, and durable enough that I can wack it with another piece of wood if need be. It doesn't take up much space either. Works for me.

The fireside friend does live next to the syrup cooker during the season, though. Makes nice kindling in a jiffy. Watch your knees, though.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have one of those too Corey , nice for doing up some smaller stuff like you are .
All the Husky stuff is made for them by Hultifors / Hults bruk in Sweden .