Best 50-60cc saw

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read the original posters messages I dont think he would need a ported saw, I never said a ported saw would not cut like a raped ape. as a mater of fact I may have one or two lol, was just trying to give the guy what I thought was his best bet, did not mean to offend anyone, but I do say what I think

A ported saw is generally more valuable to someone who knows anything about chainsaws, to the average saw user..usually not..I know some guys that don't even like ported saws.

My point was if you posted 2 new ms 400s for sale one one was ported by one of our resident builders it's 99.9% of the time gonna bring a higher price.

I know tree killers that think you'd have to be some kind of retarded to spend 350-400 bucks to have a ported saw.

Some think it's money we'll spent..you know what they say about opinions..

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No worries. Not everyone needs a ported saw. I think we all get that.

Ryan just took offence to the part where you said it wouldn't be worth any more than a stock saw. Personally....I'd agree with that in some ways. A ported saw ain't worth any more than a stock saw UNLESS the buyer knows what he's looking at......AND if the person who ported it has a reputation that the buyer places any value upon.

I've never been offended by anything in life..ever.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, you guys can quit looking.
Here is the best!
Poulan 3300.
54cc of Badass20220403_183121.jpg
13 pounds of Magnesium & built like a tank.
Might as well delete this thread! Lol

Last edited:

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did the music crap come from? I like most of the groups mentioned, even Tool........but ALL of their songs are long and sound the same. I'll take Pantera myself.

As far as saws, yep. If it starts, runs, cuts, AND stops as designed I'm generally happy with it. I love my 400, but I also enjoy all three of my Husky 550s. Pick the most comfortable one to run and go with it. The 562 seems to cost less and the ones I've run are nice. I simply wanted something else. Follow the advice already given about sales and support. Also, for full disclosure all of my saws are ported.

Please keep the whining about being offended to a minimum. I won't acknowledge your pathetic attempts for attention from the peanut gallery.

Mr Awesome

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where did the music crap come from? I like most of the groups mentioned, even Tool........but ALL of their songs are long and sound the same. I'll take Pantera myself.

As far as saws, yep. If it starts, runs, cuts, AND stops as designed I'm generally happy with it. I love my 400, but I also enjoy all three of my Husky 550s. Pick the most comfortable one to run and go with it. The 562 seems to cost less and the ones I've run are nice. I simply wanted something else. Follow the advice already given about sales and support. Also, for full disclosure all of my saws are ported.

Please keep the whining about being offended to a minimum. I won't acknowledge your pathetic attempts for attention from the peanut gallery.

Mr Awesome
Pantera you say?
Now your talking!
Sad deal losing Dime Bag Darrell!
That was a killer band!

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mr Awesome

The far beyond driven tour was my first metal concert.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pantera you say?
Now your talking!
Sad deal losing Dime Bag Darrell!
That was a killer band!

Cowboys from hell, vulgar display of power, and far beyond driven, are 3 CD's that never leave my truck.

I have them on my MP3 for my work radio also.

3 of the best metal CD's to crank.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty sure (Back in Black ) is required listening for working on old rusty cars?
Classically trained lead vocals in Heavy metal rock are always a good thing DIO , Skid Row, Iced earth, ect...

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A ported saw is generally more valuable to someone who knows anything about chainsaws

So you're saying when given the option of spending ~$350, informed people would rather spend it on improving a lighter weight saw versus buying the next class up of heavier saw to get the same power?

Sounds like you're saying experienced people want lighter more powerful saws.

It still amazes me the weight comparisons people make..I think it's hilarious lol !

Oh. Nevermind.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you're saying when given the option of spending ~$350, informed people would rather spend it on improving a lighter weight saw versus buying the next class up of heavier saw to get the same power?

Oh. Nevermind.

I've never had a saw ported to take the place of one that's bigger, I've had it ported to make it better at what it was intended to do.

Oh. Understand?

I'm not gonna go wrestle with 90cc wood because my ported 70cc saw can "pull" a 36" bar. Much like I'm not gonna put a 25" bar on my ported 50cc saw..does it have the power to pull it ?..probably...can it sustain that bar and not get the hell beat out of it over time..no.

Last edited:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Oh. Nevermind.
Sounds like something Elevatard would say… just sayin🤷🏼‍♂️

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pro mac 60, one of my most used firewood saws. Just a pleasure to cut with.
At first I thought this might be a joke. But few people would even know about a ProMac 60 unless they had one. Got one myself and it will surprise and impress people who run it. And with the 16" bar on it it's as light and handy as any other 60cc saw. Antivibe on the other hand does fall a little short of current offerings. LOL

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like something Elevatard would say… just sayin🤷🏼‍♂️

I have no idea what that means. I'll choose to believe you wouldn't lay a personal insult on someone for posting a reasoned response, since that would reflect pretty poorly on you.

Instead I'll assume you're just razzin me somehow.