SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ever heard of Black Sabbath.

Tony Lommi is often thought of as inventing heavy metal, his style of playing was like no one else, some say it was all because of a accident where he lost his finger tips, that he had to push harder (heavy) on the guitar strings, because he could no longer feel the strings.

Zeppelin may have been more mainstream in 1970, but Sabbath was darker & heavier.

I'm not a Ozzy fan either, I liked Sabbath better with Dio at vocals.

We posted at the same time!

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took out an apple tree for one of these famous rockers. He said the thing about his work he despised was not being treated like a regular guy and the constant but kissing.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I disagree. Led Zeppelin didn't ever scream into the microphone while trying to sound like Satan.

I enjoy all types of music, rock, metal, old county, some new country, rap, pop, blues, I have a huge variety I listen to, from 1940's-all the way up to present day.

Metal is what I listen to the most, I like the heavy guitar and screaming like Satan, it keeps the blood flowing.

It's the sounding like a demon crawled up their asses that I can't tolerate.

That's my favorite part.....

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad it all didn't go that way.

I did quantify by saying "one of" because of that very thing.
Had their albums and 8-track tapes to listen to.

I know. I just wanted to make sure that Sabbath was mentioned.

My parents (for whatever their reasons) would not allow us to have to Sabbath, but Zeppelin was acceptable. Weird.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Allow me to say just one more thing.

AC/DC SUCKS
With how overplayed any of their songs are, and they all pretty much sound alike, I have to agree. But the early Bon Scott songs are pretty good. Had he not died they would have been a much different band I suspect.

Also…

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
getting back to the OP, If you get a ms 400 you will be very happy with it , you dont need to port it just run the $hit out of it. the guys that do port work will say other wise. You will pay more for it, but it will be worth more if you decide to get ride of it. I dont know where you are but find a good dealer. If you dont have a good Stihl dealer near you buy from huskie, echo or who ever that you find a good dealer for.
The 400 is top notch, but you need a good dealer

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
getting back to the OP, If you get a ms 400 you will be very happy with it , you dont need to port it just run the $hit out of it. the guys that do port work will say other wise. You will pay more for it, but it will be worth more if you decide to get ride of it. I dont know where you are but find a good dealer. If you dont have a good Stihl dealer near you buy from huskie, echo or who ever that you find a good dealer for.
The 400 is top notch, but you need a good dealer

Lol.

So if I put up a new 400 that's ported from a reputable builder it's not gonna sell for more than stock one that's also new ?

I love the internet. Lol.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol.

So if I put up a new 400 that's ported from a reputable builder it's not gonna sell for more than stock one that's also new ?

I love the internet. Lol.

No one actually NEEDS a ported saw. That's true.

But those of us who have used ported saws extensively know for a fact that they make us far more productive....and they are fun to run.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read the original posters messages I dont think he would need a ported saw, I never said a ported saw would not cut like a raped ape. as a mater of fact I may have one or two lol, was just trying to give the guy what I thought was his best bet, did not mean to offend anyone, but I do say what I think

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
did not mean to offend anyone

No worries. Not everyone needs a ported saw. I think we all get that.

Ryan just took offence to the part where you said it wouldn't be worth any more than a stock saw. Personally....I'd agree with that in some ways. A ported saw ain't worth any more than a stock saw UNLESS the buyer knows what he's looking at......AND if the person who ported it has a reputation that the buyer places any value upon.

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant Stihl over Huskie and Echo would be worth more , never meant it would be worth more than a ported one, I only have a little school education, may have it worded wrong.