Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Living in a country with small if any items except the oems i can say that between Oregon and Stihl, I trust the Stihl products.

So i use DUROMATIC & the Es light bar at 661 and rollomatic at 261 and roll light at 201tcm.

I don’t feel undergunned by Stihl products actually i think ES light must be the best in that category.
But I have no problem to go out in the woods with my DUROMATIC which i really trust combined with RD3 chain for hard use of dirty stuff and dirty thoughts!

Stihl makes some good tough bars and chains. Just wish their saws were faster.......

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now now.
Nuthin wrong wit Stihl sawz at all.
They are fast. And strong. [emoji16]

Last edited:

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl makes some good tough bars and chains. Just wish their saws were faster.......

Well being a solid STIHL user i also wish their saws faster. So they listen and send from heaven the MS500i.
Until it reaches the stores, Stihl still has the fastest saws on planet earth! Lol

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now now.
Nuthin wrong wit Stihl sawz at all.
They are fast. And strong. [emoji16]

We all saw that 395 post. You can't take it back now. :aplastao:

I've only ran a hard nose once, so I can't really offer much on the topic. I've heard tale of using hard nose bars for tip intensive cutting, such as carving and boring. Some of the folks I've cut with believe that using the sprocket tip bars for boring destroys the sprocket. I've worn them out, albeit I'm not sure if it was premature. So, again not much help.