High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Auto Tune

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I truly enjoy my two auto-tune saws... my 545 adjust so fast its really my favorite saw different temperature bar length wood type limbing/bucking it knows... I did a little damage on the piston with bad fuel... but since then I have been all non-e fuel at 40:1 and I keep checking and its not scoring any worse. It definitely has better throttle response and is stronger with every tank. I will run it until she blows and by another 545 or 550xp to replace it. My 576xp has less than 5 tanks through it... I have not tried switching bars but does great with different temperature, wood, and sixe of wood. Work runs sthil and the 261c has m-tronic it was the only saw I felt comfortable running in the previous weak since it was so cold... the other saws defiantly needed a tune.
Same here, no complaints with auto tune at all.

Had a 562 for nearly 5 years now and not a single hiccup. Love it!

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So both major brands now have auto tune. Wonderful.Now what happens when the chain slowly looses it's edge and the saw is working harder?Better yet, suppose you put a longer bar on the saw. Say going from a 16 in BC to a 20 BC?.Will the auto tune make adjustments to compensate the additional load? What about reversing the situation? While I am in the fire what would happen if you went from a 3/8 down to a 325? Auto tune is OK but I prefer adjustable carburetors.I may be a dinosaur but this is something that I am able to deal with. Bottom line is will the auto Tune make minor compensations for different cutting situations? Ken
Il add a bit of info from the UK to this discussion.
I personally have no Auto tune or M tronic saws but have used the 550 and 261 a small amount. There have been lots of varying reports of likes and dislikes plus inconsistent running and starting issues that so far, havnt gone away. The spread of info is from full on pro users down to firewood cutting for home use. There are some scary accounts of the 560 ( Your 562 ) only standing up to 300hrs of use and admiration by some for lasting 700 odd hrs !! They as a breed are main dealer only saws due to the software needed ( we don't have ready access over hear) to do some diagnosis on them so its costly to have more than running repairs done and iv even seen the term .."throw away saw" banded about !!
The generation of 261 362 has similar issues along with premature clutch needle baring ware that has killed crankshafts.
Im not knocking the concept of Auto T /M tronic ..its just that there seems to be more fragility involved in some of the saws up to 2016 that can costs to much to be economic to fix relatively early in there lives. Im personally very impressed with the way the saws cut but I'm going to sit on my hands for a bit longer to see what generation 2 has to offer.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Liked for your info/experiences, not for the worry about my 562 you planted!
:(

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't think they are here yet. We need to get Bob here for sure.

Back to he 357 , the auto decomp & manual decomp jugs are the same except for the small air nipple at the base of the auto one. Super easy to just plug the hole.
Feel i may be hunting down a 357 regardless of the de comp situation. They still make Strong money in UK !
Would be a marvellous to have Bob and Walt about hope they can be persuaded .

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Liked for your info/experiences, not for the worry about my 562 you planted!
:(
Sorry :(... don't mean to spoil the party but I feel I have to pass on without bias what i can .

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Feel i may be hunting down a 357 regardless of the de comp situation. They still make Strong money in UK !
Heck yeah, don't let the auto decomp get in the way when looking for a 357.

As much as I like the 562, I do like a ported 357 better.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Better get on the hunt sooner rather than later... Nice 357's are out there, but not in great numbers. And it seems they have never been as popular as they are now that they have been discontinued..

I have a 357xp I bought new in '06. It had the auto-decomp. Although it never gave me a problem, it didn't take much poking around on saw forums to figure out I needed to delete it and convert to manual decomp.

Husky does make offer a cap and clamp to plug the decomp feed nipple on the cylinder. I went that route... Then just pick up a manual decomp, install it, and let er' rip!

Cap for cylinder nipple part# 537180001
Clamp for cap part# 537320901
Manual decomp part# 537359401

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Better get on the hunt sooner rather than later... Nice 357's are out there, but not in great numbers. And it seems they have never been as popular as they are now that they have been discontinued..

I have a 357xp I bought new in '06. It had the auto-decomp. Although it never gave me a problem, it didn't take much poking around on saw forums to figure out I needed to delete it and convert to manual decomp.

Husky does make offer a cap and clamp to plug the decomp feed nipple on the cylinder. I went that route... Then just pick up a manual decomp, install it, and let er' rip!

Cap for cylinder nipple part# 537180001
Clamp for cap part# 537320901
Manual decomp part# 537359401
Have noticed there becoming like hens teeth too ! Thanks for the part numbers Ride-Red..much obliged to you :)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Someone forgot the auto grease...
You would have thought so wouldn't you….Apparently it is being blamed on a machining fault on the clutch drum hole in some saws as even with regular clutch removal and greasing the bearings were lasting no time at all and if you weren't aware and didn't check your bearing often you got crank shaft stub issues !

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Seems at the moment (as long as i understand the current saws) Dolmar/Makita are not going down the Auto tune function. They use Cats (like it or not) and strato charging for emissions regs but have stopped shy of solenoid controlled carbs. Do we have opinions on whether Auto Tune /M tronic has partly grown out of the tightening emissions standards.

kwikfix

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have 2x441c and 1x362c running 28in bars cutting from 2000 to over 5000ft elevation. I'm very happy with them maybe try a 562 or a 576 next

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if they are doomed or not, but once they head that direction, they won't come back, to what saws used to be. Don't get me wrong I like some new ideas, and technology, but I'm really wondering if a today saw. Will last as long as one of my 288's, or 2101. I have a near 395 still adjustable tilotson. I like it nice saw, I guess if I was in production timber I may reconsider, a modern saw. But I do general tree work, and saws need to last more than 6 months. I won't run new stiil products, heavy and not into a heavy 4 mix pile saw. I've been a Husky man along time now, run stiil and echo as well. Seemed husky well my saw shop said the other day, he dindnt thing husky screwed their saws up yet. Meaning autotune etc. But it's hard to speak of dependability yet, they are too knew.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will buy one and ad it to the mix. But until one has 10 years or so under its belt, longevity, dependability. It is yet the holy grail.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Simondo I have a oem cap and clamp for 357 if you pay the shipping.But might be cheaper for you to get local.Ifyou want send me PM with address I can tell you how much the shipping is overseas.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Simondo I have a oem cap and clamp for 357 if you pay the shipping.But might be cheaper for you to get local.Ifyou want send me PM with address I can tell you how much the shipping is overseas.
Hi PMP ..Thats very kind of you to offer :) . As soon as i have found a saw that the wallet can stretch to i will come back and talk money.
Simon

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay I was thinking you had one.