WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to pulling that wind blown maple out with the crawler and getting it chunked up into firewood. It had a split top so was double the fun with the small chainsaw with the Archer chain on it. Saw cut really well with this chain. After the initial stretch and subsequent adjustment, none further were required. Figured on using this set up just for limbing, ended up working the trunk down to about nine inches or so, as it was still cutting extremely well. No dirt was encountered and is still factory sharp ready to go again. Another thing I noticed when I adjusted for tension, it pulls extremely smooth around the bar, no clicking around the sprocket. I could not fault this chain in any way shape or form. From what I see this chain is just a bit better than what I'm used to. That being Husqvarna, Stihl, Oregon, Carlton and Laser chain. This is nothing like the crude Chinese chain I've tried in the past and discarded because it was so bad. I will buy more of this brand of chain and if everything stays the same, be my go to brand.
Thanks for the update.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got around to pulling that wind blown maple out with the crawler and getting it chunked up into firewood. It had a split top so was double the fun with the small chainsaw with the Archer chain on it. Saw cut really well with this chain. After the initial stretch and subsequent adjustment, none further were required. Figured on using this set up just for limbing, ended up working the trunk down to about nine inches or so, as it was still cutting extremely well. No dirt was encountered and is still factory sharp ready to go again. Another thing I noticed when I adjusted for tension, it pulls extremely smooth around the bar, no clicking around the sprocket. I could not fault this chain in any way shape or form. From what I see this chain is just a bit better than what I'm used to. That being Husqvarna, Stihl, Oregon, Carlton and Laser chain. This is nothing like the crude Chinese chain I've tried in the past and discarded because it was so bad. I will buy more of this brand of chain and if everything stays the same, be my go to brand.
Yes very nice detailed info... Hell I want to try it now.... Have you sharpened it yet, look forward to your updates!!!!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes very nice detailed info... Hell I want to try it now.... Have you sharpened it yet, look forward to your updates!!!!
I just re-ground 3 archer chains today, all took a grind as well as any other brand, what I did notice was that it seemed to require a little less grinding pressure compared with a Stihl chain, however this may have been in my head as it was only a small "feel" if you get me.

In any case these chains came from a customer that had been cutting up pallets, hitting nails etc so a lot of cutters had edge damage, however seem to have held up remarkably well given the ham fisted halfwits he employed to do the work.

Once re-ground they cut very well test cutting to knock the burrs off, however time will tell if they hold up as well after a grind; I suspect they will.

So all in all, for the price id buy another reel without hesitation, hell I've gone through half of this reel already without a single complaint about the brand

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No, I have yet to sharpen this chain, been using my other saws doing some bucking. Will try to make an effort to use this saw with the Archer chain on it some more, maybe find some dirty wood and see how it holds up. Will let you know when I do.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used some cheap chinese chain on 50 or so cc saws. No problems really with any of them. I do wonder how they would hold up on maybe a 70 cc saw with higher torque ?? Anyone tried any on larger saws?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You saying my 011 isn't torquey? LOL Seriously though, I should have had another chain here for just that, as I feel the same way about it. This may be the one thing I found that I do not like, is trying to find a particular chain in the guys E-Bay store, it is a bit frustrating to say the least. No organization and filled to the brim with all manor of things for sale to have to wade through. There should have been another chain here already, but I quit searching for one and went on to other things. I've also ran cheap Chinese chain and this is nothing like that. So for now I'm not throwing the cheap handle on it, it comes from the Jihn Hua Valley, and just about everything I see come from there is really good quality. Must have some craftsman there that know a thing or two. I just threw a brand new loop of Carlton narrow kerf on a saw tonight and I noticed it was not quite the quality of the Archer. Unless someone beets me to the punch, when I do get a new Archer chain I'll be sure to put it on a 72cc saw and thrash it, see how it does and report back with findings.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes very nice right up.... Hell I want to try it now.... Have you sharpened it yet, look forward to your updates
I just re-ground 3 archer chains today, all took a grind as well as any other brand, what I did notice was that it seemed to require a little less grinding pressure compared with a Stihl chain, however this may have been in my head as it was only a small "feel" if you get me.

In any case these chains came from a customer that had been cutting up pallets, hitting nails etc so a lot of cutters had edge damage, however seem to have held up remarkably well given the ham fisted halfwits he employed to do the work.

Once re-ground they cut very well test cutting to knock the burrs off, however time will tell if they hold up as well after a grind; I suspect they will.

So all in all, for the price id buy another reel without hesitation, hell I've gone through half of this reel already without a single complaint about the brand
wow that's good to hear, makes me really want to give it a try.... he'll I have 3 or more chains for each of my saws, so I have plenty.... I will probably buy a loop or 2 just to try out...

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You saying my 011 isn't torquey? LOL Seriously though, I should have had another chain here for just that, as I feel the same way about it. This may be the one thing I found that I do not like, is trying to find a particular chain in the guys E-Bay store, it is a bit frustrating to say the least. No organization and filled to the brim with all manor of things for sale to have to wade through. There should have been another chain here already, but I quit searching for one and went on to other things. I've also ran cheap Chinese chain and this is nothing like that. So for now I'm not throwing the cheap handle on it, it comes from the Jihn Hua Valley, and just about everything I see come from there is really good quality. Must have some craftsman there that know a thing or two. I just threw a brand new loop of Carlton narrow kerf on a saw tonight and I noticed it was not quite the quality of the Archer. Unless someone beets me to the punch, when I do get a new Archer chain I'll be sure to put it on a 72cc saw and thrash it, see how it does and report back with findings.
Yes I would also like to know if the chain holds up good on a 70cc saw.... if it does this archer chain may very well be a good competitor to all the othe chain companies!!!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well guys, I ran my little saw in some dirty wood so it would get dull, so I could resharpen it. Put it in my Tecomec grinder and set up in the usual way for semi-chisel chain, 60-35-0. Noticed right off that I was not grinding the same as the factory did. Will probably switch to 55-??-10, next time. So as to increase the inside angle. This may change what I think about sharpening semi-chisel chain as a whole.

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've used some cheap chinese chain on 50 or so cc saws. No problems really with any of them. I do wonder how they would hold up on maybe a 70 cc saw with higher torque ?? Anyone tried any on larger saws?

As of present for myself it has held up extremely well on a 44" bar with 90cc torque heavy dinosaw.

Will be running it on the 166 soon, so will let you all know the results.