Archer chain

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be interested in trying a loop at our GTG next month. Also having other members there, all with the same saws, ported by Doc. I would guess 16" .325 .063. Full Chisel. I don't think shipping from UK to USA would be very feasible though.
I just bought some Carlton and I have new Stihl for comparison. All in full chisel.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where are you all getting archer chain?

DSS

widebody
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Never tried the chain, but I ordered some Chinese rim sprockets out of curiosity and they showed up as Archer brand.

I have one on a 272 with a fair amount of time on it and it's holding up fine, as good as Oregon for sure.

FYI, I ordered some Chinese rims since, and they are branded Oregon, they look exactly like a real Oregon. So are these the same Oregon rims we buy at a dealer, or are they counterfeit? No idea.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using Archer 3/8 063 semi chisel and really like it. OEM chain is pretty ridiculous in price here and its hard to justify when brands like Typhoon/ Archer are making a pretty decent product at less than a third of the cost of OEM. I used to buy bulk chain from the states, I don't anymore.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a a.... bar for a firewood cutter on a budget. For $5 more they would send a chain too.
Figured why not. Cut and looked fine new. Time will tell.

Now the archer thread on CR folks that have ran the chain said it is soft.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a loop of 3/8 LP to try on my top handle. Looks a lot better than some of the Forester chain I've tried. Haven't really used it much yet though.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you try the chain out? I'm thinking about trying one of their bars as they are very cheap

I haven't done any cutting with it yet. I will say they are aggressively sharpened from the factory, lots of hook angle and the rakers are right on for hardwood according to the husky gauge. I did convert one loop to square ground so I can compare it to what I normally run. It grinds easy and the factory top plate length is pretty inconsistent.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the bullet and bought a roll of 3/8 050 FC, hope I don't regret it. It's a little cheaper than my cost from Ahlborn for there unbranded Carlton chain which I've had good luck with and about the same price their Forrester brand chain which is junk from my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they offer any skip sequences? I emailed the archer plus fella about a bar they sorta skip a size I wanted a 32 they only had 28 or 36 available Guy told me he would soon be carrying 32 also I did not ask about the chain

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a chance to put some time on the Archer chain I just got. I'm impressed, initial stretch is a little more than others but not a big deal. I did lower the rakers before I even tried it, they were at .025" and even. Off the role sharpness was better than any other chains I've used and holds an edge better than Oregon and as good as Stihl or Carlton. I'm sold on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be interested in trying a loop at our GTG next month. Also having other members there, all with the same saws, ported by Doc. I would guess 16" .325 .063. Full Chisel. I don't think shipping from UK to USA would be very feasible though.
I just bought some Carlton and I have new Stihl for comparison. All in full chisel.
I'd be interested to try a loop as well.