Anyone play any golf

2stroke800

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have custom nike slingshot irons that are about 4 yrs old, and they are the sweetest irons i have ever swung. I grew up playing with ping, but ever since having these slingshots made, i havnt liked anything else at all. K, i take that back.. i found a callaway 10 iron while playing one day that i can pull off some crazy shots with. Its pretty damn nice too. Also got a couple nike hybrids, and a couple callaway drivers. I work too much in the summer and only get out 3-4 times per year. Wish i could play more!!

jimmorrison

Riding on the storm
Local time
3:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Jake, I'd shoot a round with you anytime. Got a custom fit set of MP 33 I've had forever. Still swinging an R9 and I've lost 50 yds in the last 5 years. I can threaten 80 on just about any course. Total golf slut, will hit with anybody. Don't worry about how good or bad they are, just so they are ready to go. Love the game and most of the people.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
(In the voice of Jed Clampet). I can shoot them golf's, I just don't know rightly how to skin-em and cookem.
So I figgered I needed to steer clear of em. Besides all them city slickers start getting nervous when I start
in with my smoke-pole! :sherlock: :uzi:

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never done the night golf myself. But one of my local courses did have a outing for a local police department. Only a nine hole course. They did one nine in the daylight and second time around was in the dark. Course owner said they loved playing in the dark

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a par thee around here that hosts a one night golf tournament. I figured I'm bad enough in the day so haven't tried it yet. Bet it would be fun. I may try sometime

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still play ol' school, forged Hogan Edge II's. When you hit 'em right, you hit a sweet spot and a sweet shot. When you hit forged wrong, they go really wrong. My problem is I address the ball, and way over think things, like I'm pulling off some Sergio Garcia, grip/re-grip/grip/re-grip crap thinking I'm gonna draw or fade something the way I want it to be...that's when that Titleist ends up a fairway over. Bud Light about the best thing I ever found for my game...most times if you quit the 'overthinking' you at least got some sort of lie to swing again from. It's a tough game to figger out. You fellas know exactly what I'm saying about that 'overthinking' *s-word...especially on those par 3's.

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use to play forged taylormade muscle backs, worst mistake I ever made buying those. You are right about the forged irons though. When u center one there's nothing like it, feels better than crushing a 300 yd drive. Those irons had zero forgiveness and almost took the fun out of the game for me. I sold them and went back to a cavity back, way more fun now lol.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't played in a couple of years and miss it. Y'all are right, the guys you play a round with make all of the difference. I got pretty deep into it at one point..playing two to three times a week...bought a nice set of Calloway x20 irons, Taylor made woods, titleist wedges..even a Cameron putter. I've thought about picking it up again, but might rather trade clubs for a nice saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That damn hitting golf balls can be an expensive route to go. My Hogan Edge II's are cavity back, not blades. Forged are a heap less forgiving than cast clubs. You can *f-word up quick with the forged deal, whether cavity back or blade. The cavity back takes a little sting out of a mis-hit, but when you a fairway over, ain't a whole lotta difference. I enjoy playing when I get a chance to play, and quite often many yrs ago, and usually play better the least I play...it's that 'overthinking thing again.' I've made some hellacious shots, but I've sure blown a ton out my ass.

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I played almost every weekend before my daughter was born. Last weekend was the first time I played in five months, and I played pretty damn good. We didn't even keep score, just drank some beers and had fun. Back when I played a lot I got to serious and thought about it too much. When I go out there relaxed with low expectations that's when I step up and hit good shots.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I played almost every weekend before my daughter was born. Last weekend was the first time I played in five months, and I played pretty damn good. We didn't even keep score, just drank some beers and had fun. Back when I played a lot I got to serious and thought about it too much. When I go out there relaxed with low expectations that's when I step up and hit good shots.
Exactly!

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful day for a round of golf today. Did have rain on two holes on the back nine. Drove the ball fairly well but hit every freaking tree on course. Didn't break 100. I'm bummed

Manofstihl066

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hopefully we get rain soon, it's bone dry down here. Played the other day and the greens were like concrete, impossible to chip onto and putt. Irrigation can't keep the moisture there we need rain bad!