Anybody have Pfanner chainsaw pants?

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a pair of Pfanner gladiator chainsaw pants for Christmas, decided to try them out today. Seem like really well thought out pants. Didn't have them on very long before I noticed my lower back started hurting. Kept on cutting but it just got worse. Finally had to quit & come in the house, my back is killing me now!:frown: They are quite heavy & sit lower on my waist than carhartt work pants. I expected them to be heavy with the chainsaw protection & all but I can't believe they ruined my day like they did. Just wonder if anyone else used them or had any experience with them. I'm sure they were expensive & I don't want to hurt my wife's feelings but I can't wear them again till I come up with a plan. Maybe a pair of suspenders would help? I just got out of a hot shower sitting here bummed out about all the firewood I was gonna get done today!:(

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a pair of Pfanner gladiator chainsaw pants for Christmas, decided to try them out today. Seem like really well thought out pants. Didn't have them on very long before I noticed my lower back started hurting. Kept on cutting but it just got worse. Finally had to quit & come in the house, my back is killing me now!:frown: They are quite heavy & sit lower on my waist than carhartt work pants. I expected them to be heavy with the chainsaw protection & all but I can't believe they ruined my day like they did. Just wonder if anyone else used them or had any experience with them. I'm sure they were expensive & I don't want to hurt my wife's feelings but I can't wear them again till I come up with a plan. Maybe a pair of suspenders would help? I just got out of a hot shower sitting here bummed out about all the firewood I was gonna get done today!:(

http://www.pfannercanada.com/shop-p...II-CS-Protection-Pants-Class-2-Red/p/46688005

don't know which ones you have but the ones listed there are $312 US.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pretty much don't wear pants without suspenders anymore. It's just great not having to keep hiking my pants up. Cutting pants really seem like a great way to go. I'd definitely recommend trying suspenders. One thing that I'll add is that the ones that button on are much better and don't wreck pants the way that the clip-on type do. Carhartt sells suspender buttons that you can add to any pair of pants.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pretty much don't wear pants without suspenders anymore. It's just great not having to keep hiking my pants up. Cutting pants really seem like a great way to go. I'd definitely recommend trying suspenders. One thing that I'll add is that the ones that button on are much better and don't wreck pants the way that the clip-on type do. Carhartt sells suspender buttons that you can add to any pair of pants.
I have to try something. That sounds like a good idea.:) Now I just gotta do something about this back!:(

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your back pain. As a side note, I bought a pair of Labbonville chaps. They are very comfortable to wear all day. No back pain associated with them. Just trying to help and give you a little insight.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your back pain. As a side note, I bought a pair of Labbonville chaps. They are very comfortable to wear all day. No back pain associated with them. Just trying to help and give you a little insight.
Thank you. I wish my wife talked to you first.:(

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, these pants are great but crazy expensive. Oregon has a great lineup, I use the Fjordland ones, and they're just as good as the Pfanner for half the price. And they look better.

Oregon_Fiordland_2_Chainsaw_Protective_Trousers.jpg

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the link to the Pfanner Gladiator Protection Pants, one of the bullet points reads, "ventilation slits at the back". I suppose if you have beans for lunch, you're going to need these vents.

These slits looks useless at first, but when it's warm they're a great feature. And in winter, just close them, eat some beans and stay warm for the rest of the day!

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't see how pants can make your back hurt. I suffer from back pain when I don't wear pants or when I do. Take a rest, being in pain sucks.
Thanks.:) I can't really understand it myself. I have since done some online reading , seems like police officers suffer from heavy belt related back problems as well. Sorry to hear you suffer from chronic back pain, it really stinks!:( Take care of your back as well!

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the link to the Pfanner Gladiator Protection Pants, one of the bullet points reads, "ventilation slits at the back". I suppose if you have beans for lunch, you're going to need these vents.
Yeah the first time I wore mine it was around the teens outside temp. wise, my back side felt like I had nothing on!!!! Kinda got used to it after a while.

Plan-b

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've gone as far as changing the density of the foam in the couch. Don't carry anything in your pants, put everything in your coat. Including your wallet. I don't take any painkillers for anything, if I would have started, I am sure, I would have been a drug addict by now. Antiinflammatories help sometimes, just enough to get to sleep. I've had trouble with sciatica now for a few years and I just tore a tendon in my elbow. The outside one that is know for tennis elbow... Whatever it's called.

Rest up, eat well, and try to keep happy.