Anybody have Pfanner chainsaw pants?

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've gone as far as changing the density of the foam in the couch. Don't carry anything in your pants, put everything in your coat. Including your wallet. I don't take any painkillers for anything, if I would have started, I am sure, I would have been a drug addict by now. Antiinflammatories help sometimes, just enough to get to sleep. I've had trouble with sciatica now for a few years and I just tore a tendon in my elbow. The outside one that is know for tennis elbow... Whatever it's called.

Rest up, eat well, and try to keep happy.
You sound like you have a lot of experience in pain my friend! You also sound like you know quite a bit about coping/ treating it. I appriciate all your insight! I hope your elbow mends soon. May I ask How do you deal with wood cutting with your sciatica?

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get one of those thin neoprene backbelts w/da copper thread filaments in them..

Dude! Makes a world of diff for me.
Plus take one aleve b4 hand...

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That stinks. I love suspenders . I would give that a try. You can gtab a good pair for under $20.00
Corey your a genius!!:rolleyes: I ordered a pair of Pfanner suspenders made to work with the pants I got, finally felt good enough to try cutting again today & no problems! I think I figured out my particular problem, I usually wear carhartt carpenter style pants & they sit higher than these do so for some reason. When I put the Pfanners on it was instant pain but the suspenders seem to take care of it. :):):):):):):):)

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey your a genius!!:rolleyes: I ordered a pair of Pfanner suspenders made to work with the pants I got, finally felt good enough to try cutting again today & no problems! I think I figured out my particular problem, I usually wear carhartt carpenter style pants & they sit higher than these do so for some reason. When I put the Pfanners on it was instant pain but the suspenders seem to take care of it. :):):):):):):):)
I am glad that helped.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear that the suspenders worked or your Christmas present.
[emoji106]

Slacker

Hunny Locust Skipchain Sparker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Honestly, these pants are great but crazy expensive. Oregon has a great lineup, I use the Fjordland ones, and they're just as good as the Pfanner for half the price. And they look better.

Oregon_Fiordland_2_Chainsaw_Protective_Trousers.jpg

Just as a FYI, I have tried multiple US dealers, Oregon customer service and overseas dealers, no one will sell me a pair of the Oregon pants.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just as a FYI, I have tried multiple US dealers, Oregon customer service and overseas dealers, no one will sell me a pair of the Oregon pants.

Figured they weren't sold state side as I'd never seen them. They got a lot of nice stuff across the pond we cannot buy here. I'd be willing to bet @CapitaineHaddoc or one of our other overseas members would be willing to buy and ship to you. Might increase the cost to the point you don't want them any more though. Just like the wide range of SIP Protection pants you can get over there. I love the one pair of non chainsaw pants I have of theirs that you can get here.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my Pfanners by mail order from TreeStuff out of Indiana.
Got both the Gladiator and Ventilation lights. Going on 6 seasons now and still wearing good.
Suspenders are excellent in cooler weather but in hot I wear a stretch belt like pictured here. Never had a back problem.
20190311_100142.jpg 20190311_100304.jpg