Anybody else see this?

oldbitz

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I see politicians of any ilk put forward proposals like this my first thought is always "Follow the money". You can bet somewhere there is someone pushing for this who has a financial interest in banning them. Whether they be a manufacturer of battery powered crap or mining interests there will always be someone pulling the strings behind the screen. Battery powered cars, bikes or power tools might give many the warm and fuzzies but they are far from being anywhere near a "Green" alternative, just the mining of the raw materials alone saws enough as to how "green' they are.

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It's for sure not about a carbon footprint. Most of these new regulations actually result in leaving a larger footprint. Take saws for example... You regulate the crap out of them so they can't last due to all the restrictions that kill air cooled engines. More of them end up in the dump so the manufacturers have to make more. What leaves a larger carbon footprint: some extra emissions or the manufacturing of a new saw?

These leaves are not going to be left on the ground. So how will they be cleaned up? I guarantee it'll leave a larger carbon footprint in the end.... But the politicians will look slick as ever because they're lookin out for "mother earth"....

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, Colin Furze had one set up on a wheelbarrow to blow snow. His neighbors were not impressed.

foeke

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's for sure not about a carbon footprint.
Most of these new regulations actually result in leaving a larger footprint. Take saws for example... You regulate the crap out of them so they can't last due to all the restrictions that kill air cooled engines. More of them end up in the dump so the manufacturers have to make more. What leaves a larger carbon footprint: some extra emissions or the manufacturing of a new saw?

That's not how insane people calculate
These leaves are not going to be left on the ground.

The general idea is that they are left instead of cleaned up.
In wich case I would not mind leaving them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Cowboy3688

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That same bunch is also moving a polling place that is located at a veterans home in quincy. I couldn't vote fer that

Last edited:

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont live in illi noise-but if it happens here.
They will have to pry my cold dead hand off my leaf blower to get it from me..

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The spark arresting screen on many Sihl leaf blowers causes all sorts of problems. The stubs clog up in a year or so and force the engine out of commission. This design is deigned to have trouble and you have to wonder why Stihl didn't use the same screens that they use on their chain saws that seldom clog up.

I have been told that emission requirements by states trying to ban leaf blowers fueled the design.

Last edited:

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefere a good rake lol... I'm sure there is good uses of leafblowers but I never felt the need.

E7Xw.gif

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's not how insane people calculate

The general idea is that they are left instead of cleaned up.
In wich case I would not mind leaving them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk
This is a down town area. The problem is they pile up in corners of buildings. Irregardless of how they are gotten rid of. The leaves will be a haven for bugs and other things looking for a place to hide and live. So you can leave them there. But it'll have bug and mice in them. And if left till spring, that's moisture left against a building/sidewalk. The repeated freeze/thaw effect will make a mess of things you don't want it to.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IF you keep running the blowers...
The penalties for running the 2 strokes will just become a lien on your property, IF you don't pay them.
Same with not removing the leaves, a city chosen contractor will come and do it and then you get billed for it or a property lien for non-payment of the cleanup fee.

I wonder what will happen about sales of 2 cycle mix oil in these places?
A ban perhaps or maybe an exorbitant fee/tax stuck onto them?

Last edited:

Shane10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When they vote that crap in I’ll blow my leaves across the line on the bridge with my gas blower and wave to you guys. I’m just giving you guys a hard time. That law seems dumb but I’m sure there’s a bunch of underlying reasons we don’t know about. Like they are being pushed by the federal government to reduce emissions and that’s what’s keeping the state’s federal road funding for the year. You’d be surprised what the reasons are behind a bunch of that stuff. You’ll never get anyone to admit it but a bunch of that crap isn’t ever supposed to pass. It a repayment to someone for a donation or to keep supporters/companies on their side. Would you be surprised if it was to satisfy the terms of some federal emissions regulation? Remember to vote. Or better yet run for office. I don’t have personal experience with state or federal government but it’s impossible when in a role like that to satisfy everyone and underlying reasons for things are often hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well in the first place you have take into consideration it allegedly started in California ,the land of fruits and nuts .It must be something in the water .The only reason I would ever care to go there is to see the big red woods .They certainly have some ideas I'll say that .