High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anybody know/heard of this builder in Sturgeon Bay, WI?

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A buddy ran across these postings on FB Marketplace. He asked me if I ever heard of him/them. I figured I'd ask here. I, myself, would never trust a listing like this.

1708616180792.png

1708616261526.png

Last edited:

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked a couple questions. Apparently some people can get timing numbers from photos. :rolleyes:

1708618324849.png

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know we have a local Husqvarna dealer that selling new, ported saws. I have no idea if they’re performing the work in house, or sub contracting it. Seems like more and more “porters” popping up all over the place.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm wondering if he's a "contact" and the work is being done by somebody else? I did some looking and it seems he's more into fishing than chainsaws. He also was just elected to town chair. The whole "saws are unbeatable" thing rubs me the wrong way.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like he's working with a dealer. Claiming factory warranty on a ported saw is questionable to me........

1708624488822.png

Reactions: Lnk

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A buddy ran across these postings on FB Marketplace. He asked me if I ever heard of him/them. I figured I'd ask here. I, myself, would never trust a listing like this.

View attachment 408725

View attachment 408726
Seems pretty straight forward
You can try his saws against your's
That's cut and dry if you want to deal with him or not.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't understand this yarn.

Reactions: Lnk

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems pretty straight forward
You can try his saws against your's
That's cut and dry if you want to deal with him or not.
I don't understand this yarn.

This is not for me, but a buddy who ran across him and asked me if I heard of him. He's ~3.5 hours from me. I wanted to see if anybody has ever heard of the guy, that's all. According to him, they build saws for the largest Husky dealer in the US and his partner has been doing it for 30 years.

It's not solely about how they perform/run, but workmanship as well. One can't tell that w/o opening it up. He refuses to send me photos. I thought maybe someone has had one he did and maybe tore into it. I remember reading (maybe on another site) about certain past builders that someone opened their work up and it was disturbing.

Seems like the answer so far is: we don't know who the heck this guy is. :thumbup:

MemphisMechanic

Unreliable Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some guys like to let their work speak for itself, and some guys like to speak about their work.

In the second group there are a lot of guys who tend to rub people the wrong way, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re bag at what they do.

That said… I would need to see things like photos/videos posted on Facebook with comments from local tree cutters praising the quality of the saw they’ve been running from him. Or photos showing the fit & finish of his port work.

It is easier than ever to learn how to port a saw from the YouTube guys. Which is both a good and a bad thing. I completely understand you wanting to try and figure out which one of those he is.

MemphisMechanic

Unreliable Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This guy is casting out John’s Custom Saws vibes.

The guy’s saw might or not be strong as snot, but there’s some arrogant yet insecure prick energy coming with it.

(And just maybe… he’ll take your money and run.) 😂

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This guy is casting out John’s Custom Saws vibes.

The guy’s saw might or not be strong as snot, but there’s some arrogant yet insecure prick energy coming with it.

(And just maybe… he’ll take your money and run.) 😂
Probably right, that's what Quarterbacks do in Green Bay.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

yep, that's the exact same thinking I have and vibe I'm getting too. I sent him links to Scott Kunz and Kevin's YT channels. Anyone know who the largest Husky dealer is in the US??? Didn't know it was in/around little ole Sturgeon Bay, WI! ;)

1708645248604.png

Some guys like to let their work speak for itself, and some guys like to speak about their work.

In the second group there are a lot of guys who tend to rub people the wrong way, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re bag at what they do.

That said… I would need to see things like photos/videos posted on Facebook with comments from local tree cutters praising the quality of the saw they’ve been running from him. Or photos showing the fit & finish of his port work.

It is easier than ever to learn how to port a saw from the YouTube guys. Which is both a good and a bad thing. I completely understand you wanting to try and figure out which one of those he is.

exactly!! No videos, no photos, nothing.....just come run our saws. I was just trying to look into it for my buddy who happened to stumble across it and asked me. More out of curiosity than anything. He has Kevin's number, and I hope he goes that route. I kind of wanted to dig into this guy just to see what I could find out about him and the saws he sells. Thought one of you may know. Again, I have zero interest in his stuff. I feel I already dealt with two of the best guys around when it comes to saws in Scott and Kevin.

Probably right, that's what Quarterbacks do in Green Bay.

Hey now, as a Packer fan (born and raised 4 blocks from Lambeau) I was rooting for your Lions and was pi$$ed they let the 49er's off the hook....just like we did the week before. I was really hoping for a Packer-Lions NFC Championship game. I really wanted them to make it to the SB once we lost. The fans deserve it after all these years.

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yep, that's the exact same thinking I have and vibe I'm getting too. I sent him links to Scott Kunz and Kevin's YT channels. Anyone know who the largest Husky dealer is in the US??? Didn't know it was in/around little ole Sturgeon Bay, WI! ;)

View attachment 408808

exactly!! No videos, no photos, nothing.....just come run our saws. I was just trying to look into it for my buddy who happened to stumble across it and asked me. More out of curiosity than anything. He has Kevin's number, and I hope he goes that route. I kind of wanted to dig into this guy just to see what I could find out about him and the saws he sells. Thought one of you may know. Again, I have zero interest in his stuff. I feel I already dealt with two of the best guys around when it comes to saws in Scott and Kevin.

Hey now, as a Packer fan (born and raised 4 blocks from Lambeau) I was rooting for your Lions and was pi$$ed they let the 49er's off the hook....just like we did the week before. I was really hoping for a Packer-Lions NFC Championship game. I really wanted them to make it to the SB once we lost. The fans deserve it after all these years.
The Packers ain't no joke. We'll both make the playoffs next year, and it's a turkey shoot who wins the division.