High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any other carbs I can use on my Stihl 019T?

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just tore this 019T down for repairs....it's been sitting since I shelved it almost 4 years ago. Finally got around to tinkering on it. Replaced the bad crank seals, did some mild port work on the exhaust port, and opened up muffler outlet. One of the big problems this saw had was a small twig that somehow made it past the amazingly stout air filter (sarcasm) and got stuck in the reed valve, and was holding the valve opened....

Saw is running great at idle, but bogs down and has to be feathered to get full throttle, which is weak and seems lean.

The bore was spotless, the piston and ring was in excellent condition as well. As for my port work, I opened the exhaust up slightly (side to side) and opened up the chamber on the mufiler side, but didn't change the top of the port on the piston side, just slightly arched the bottom. The saw has a reed valve and it's one of those Zama carburetors with the single adjusting screw. Is there any any carbs with both H and L adjustment screws that will fit this model? I'll have to make a hole in the case for the second screw, but that's ok.....

I'd like to replace the fuel lines, but I looked for lines for this model and didn't see any online, at least on ebay.

This saw will be a backup to my Stihl MS201TC and my Echo CS355T. I like having several toppers when I'm on a job just in case something happens to one or more of them.

Any help would be appreciated fellas.....

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is your impulse hole at 12 o/c? I've adapted MS170/180 carbs to fit Poulan 2000, Micro 25. Pull the internal choke and put a bolt/nut through holes. MS250 carb has impulse hole at 11 o/c but you can fill it with JB Weld and drill out the brass plug at 12 o/c. With a good gasket, probably don't even need JB Weld.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bet!! You need anything else? I have one broken down I’ll never do anything with. Couple starters, clutch cover, handle, not sure what’s all in the box.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bet!! You need anything else? I have one broken down I’ll never do anything with. Couple starters, clutch cover, handle, not sure what’s all in the box.
Clutch cover, brake mechanism cover (if both retainer "tits" are still attached), spark arrestor plate (muffler outlet cover), good air filter cover. I have another 019T I'll probably resurrect down the road, if I ever get time for it.

Lemme know what those parts would run with shipping to zip 16617. Send me a PM.

Thanks!

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Poleman, I could also use the reed block. Mine has a hairline crack in it, it's not the whole way through but while I have it apart again I might as well replace it too.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to @Poleman, I now have a fully adjustable carburetor installed on my 019T, as well as a box of spare parts to get my other one together at some point down the road! Thank you much, sir!!

I'm still havin a fuel issue and I think I've found the problem......the fuel line is very soft, and I believe it's collapsing on itself at WOT, starving it from fuel. I cannot seem to find a OEM or AM replacement line for this model. I'm thinking anything from the 019/190/191/192 line would work....

Any ideas?

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don`t know which hose you have, the older one or the newer one. The older one with grommet was deleted.

Old fuel hose was 4205 141 8601, grommet 0000 989 0516
Newer fuel hose is 1132 358 7700

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a one-piece fuel line with a grommet and square stopper tab, if that helps..

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That means you have the newer fuel hose.
Yes, I stopped at the dealer today and he confirmed it. He didn't have any in Stock.

I'm just gonna get a grommet for the tank and put a tygon line in it. They are NLA and obsolete....

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I stopped at the dealer today and he confirmed it. He didn't have any in Stock.

I'm just gonna get a grommet for the tank and put a tygon line in it. They are NLA and obsolete....

I had zero luck with trying this, ended up finding an old pre- made fuel line from another 019T. The line would kink even if not right away with the angle it comes out of the tank and severe turn to meet the carburetor. With little control over the whole affair while sliding the whole works into the case.
I don't think I have any more fuel lines, but do have a five gallon bucket of parts if you need anything else, just let me know... and good luck!

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had zero luck with trying this, ended up finding an old pre- made fuel line from another 019T. The line would kink even if not right away with the angle it comes out of the tank and severe turn to meet the carburetor. With little control over the whole affair while sliding the whole works into the case.
I don't think I have any more fuel lines, but do have a five gallon bucket of parts if you need anything else, just let me know... and good luck!
Thanks brother, I'll let you know.....

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You may be able to make that bend without a kink using the Stihl R3 or R5 hose. You could also use a spring inside the hose to keep it from kinking..., one (or a piece of it, rather) from the 036 oil line kit comes to mind, but I'm sure there are other sources as well. I have a couple 019T's and actually like em despite their weight. One good runner with adjustable H carb and another sorta runner with a non adjustable high jet. The L screw is pretty touchy on that one when it comes to getting a good idle and also getting any kind of decent trigger response. Spools up slow but is mighty strong once it gets there. Use mine on the ground for small stuff mostly. Don't even mind workin' on em now since I figured out that damned throttle cable retainer/strain relief arrangement. That'll really screw with your adjustments if both ends of the cable aren't in the correct positions. Sure found that out the hard way..., and pretty much by accident just looking through the service manual and stumbling across a couple illustrations that weren't where you'd expect em to be.

And I could use an oil tank if someone has one to spare. The threads are deformed on one and it leaks just bad enough to be a pain in the ass even with the cap on tight.

And if anyone needs an 019T shop manual, shoot me a PM.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 009, 10, 11 & 12 use a long spring inside the oil pump to bar mount hose.
7a3c01da64c94bb61eacfe72150ecaf2.jpg

Some dealers still have them even if they show NLA.

Invaluable in tight turn situations. [emoji106]

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Are all of the older stihl top handles like this? As far as specific oil and fuel lines.