Another 372, 272 thread

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so here's the deal. I have a good running 372 and a good running 272. I have muffler modded them both pretty similarly. Both see regular firewood duty with my other saws.

When I get laid off in a few months I was planning on tearing them both down for crank bearings and the works. While I am at it I wanted to help them out a little bit. I was possibly going to send them to @t4driller but word is he is taking a break. So I'm going to to my best at a real port job with my own hands.

What saw responds best with what mods? Anybody that's able to cut a base for either close to the nw corner of Illinois?

Steven

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10-4. A bit of a drive but not super far. I will definitely keep you posted.

I have a couple options for grinding tools. Not as fancy as the guys that do it everyday but they get me by. Have a tight 90 low rpm head with a 1/8 collet a 45 high speed head with a 1/8 collet and a straight with a adjustable 1/8-1/4.

Steven

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10-4. A bit of a drive but not super far. I will definitely keep you posted.

I have a couple options for grinding tools. Not as fancy as the guys that do it everyday but they get me by. Have a tight 90 low rpm head with a 1/8 collet a 45 high speed head with a 1/8 collet and a straight with a adjustable 1/8-1/4.

Steven

I'd like to see a picture of the 90 and 45 heads you are using. 50/52mm bores are pretty tight to fit most cheap 90's.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping will be cheaper than gas....

Definitely true, but I'm usually game for a road trip. Never know what you will come across or end up hauling home!

I'd like to see a picture of the 90 and 45 heads you are using. 50/52mm bores are pretty tight to fit most cheap 90's.

Get you a pic of them when I dig them out. Just a set of eagle micro air grinders. Pretty small hopefully small enough. I never head of them until I stumbled on them at a pawn shop a long time ago. Never was able to find out much about them, so guess when they bite the dust that's it for them.

Steven