Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
3:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What happened to her
Apparently I effed up the install of one circlip and it broke or came out and she ate it at full speed. At least when I bought the box of parts it came with a spare cyl which I then had ported by @Crocky28 with the port job he donated for the sawmikaze fundraiser. The spare cyl is missing some fins…guess now I have a donor cyl for those fins. I was gonna build another bottom end for the ported cyl, now I get to try it early.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damage limited to the top? Did you film the failure?
Seems like it so far. She was good at lunch break and blew after work. Went to cut some wood and try to cheer up after hearing Jed Walters (from guilty of treeson) got killed.

Reveller Saws

OPE Member
Local time
6:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like it so far. She was good at lunch break and blew after work. Went to cut some wood and try to cheer up after hearing Jed Walters (from guilty of treeson) got killed.
Yeah, was just talking about him, makes you step back a moment.
I'd like to be out cutting, but it gets light at 11:30 here, dark a minute after noon. Will be a few more weeks before I can do anything but weekend work.

RedFir Down

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, was just talking about him, makes you step back a moment.
I'd like to be out cutting, but it gets light at 11:30 here, dark a minute after noon. Will be a few more weeks before I can do anything but weekend work.
In Vermont?

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, that’s some of the worst damage I’ve seen. What kind of circlip was it? Ears?

I was thinking about it more and earlier I was working on semi chisel in dry hard Euc. I think I heard a clatter I assumed was chain chatter, might have been it.
7ED0DD9D-CB31-4C19-86ED-9C58693A5354.jpeg

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s had to hurt .
I hurts pretty bad when you’re the one that built it.

I paid $200 for a box of parts. $86 for loaded clutch cover. Piston…Woodslasher donated top cover and electrical. Luckily it came with a spare cyl. I just bought another box of parts, two saws but I think I’m gonna be upside down on that.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking about it more and earlier I was working on semi chisel in dry hard Euc. I think I heard a clatter I assumed was chain chatter, might have been it.
View attachment 362687

I always trim those ears down to just a nub, just enough to get ahold of.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
5:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hurts pretty bad when you’re the one that built it.

I paid $200 for a box of parts. $86 for loaded clutch cover. Piston…Woodslasher donated top cover and electrical. Luckily it came with a spare cyl. I just bought another box of parts, two saws but I think I’m gonna be upside down on that.
On the bright side you still have a good bottom end:)

Reveller Saws

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In Vermont?
Yes (exaggerated heavily) in VT. I'm far from the furthest north, but it's frustrating to go to work at sunrise and get home after dark. I work the opposite shift of David, I cut in the summer, build saws in the winter.