All Things 288XP

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
5:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old girl still runs good. Here’s is running both my FT288 with 8t and ported just seeing if it seems to be stronger but of course no fair comparison because 2 different chains and 8t vs 7t on the stock saw but the ported Ft288 feels much stronger which I would hope so.

Man they both sound pretty good!
I've only done a timing advance on one or 2 saws, how much of difference do you feel in the cut ?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old girl still runs good. Here’s is running both my FT288 with 8t and ported just seeing if it seems to be stronger but of course no fair comparison because 2 different chains and 8t vs 7t on the stock saw but the ported Ft288 feels much stronger which I would hope so.
Good running pair of saws Pat.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man they both sound pretty good!
I've only done a timing advance on one or 2 saws, how much of difference do you feel in the cut ?
Well the FT is flying with 8 pin and I can lean on it pretty decent and it’s still holding rpm. Small wood of course. They feel totally different it’s at 15 blowdown on the FT 100 exhaust and probably 20 blowdown on the Husky 100 exhaust whatever stock is with a gasket. Like I said it’s not a fair comparison but I think it’s safe to say you can gain more power than a stock OEM saw with AM cylinders since I’ve done it plenty. Some people still brainwashed that the OEM is always going to run better. :nusenuse:

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
images

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the FT is flying with 8 pin and I can lean on it pretty decent and it’s still holding rpm. Small wood of course. They feel totally different it’s at 15 blowdown on the FT 100 exhaust and probably 20 blowdown on the Husky 100 exhaust whatever stock is with a gasket. Like I said it’s not a fair comparison but I think it’s safe to say you can gain more power than a stock OEM saw with AM cylinders since I’ve done it plenty. Some people still brainwashed that the OEM is always going to run better. :nusenuse:

I looked at a couple of oem ones ,but wasn't able to lock one down in my price range yet, (got my 394xp for 300.00).
I did order a FT 288 to mess around with though.
Thanks for the feed back , i obviously prefer oem but haven't had terrible experiences with my AF stuff really.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at a couple of oem ones ,but wasn't able to lock one down in my price range yet, (got my 394xp for 300.00).
I did order a FT 288 to mess around with though.
Thanks for the feed back , i obviously prefer oem but haven't had terrible experiences with my AF stuff really.
Yea I definitely prefer OEM husky as well. But for what you pay for a farmertec if you want a play saw I don’t mind it. I can get a 394 for 300 bucks but it’s all worn out to hell. I’m thinking I’d rather just get a farmertec 395 and know what I got. Maybe y’all can help me out with that decision. I’d rather have both but unfortunately I’d have to sell another saw lol :oops:

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I definitely prefer OEM husky as well. But for what you pay for a farmertec if you want a play saw I don’t mind it. I can get a 394 for 300 bucks but it’s all worn out to hell. I’m thinking I’d rather just get a farmertec 395 and know what I got. Maybe y’all can help me out with that decision. I’d rather have both but unfortunately I’d have to sell another saw lol :oops:

If it is junk then obviously no but if it is just dirty and faded I would go oem fo sho.
If you have to put 150 extra in parts its still much better.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to do a rematch of the ported farmertec 288 and the husky 288 with just a muffler mod because the throttle lever was never opening full throttle on the farmertec. Same bar and chain and both 8t.
The FT runs strong Pat. Nice work!

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The FT runs strong Pat. Nice work!
Not bad for not having machine work. I’m usually the first one to say you need machine work to get the intake where it needs to be without having to grind it because that’s affecting the velocity in a negative way grinding it down a lot. BUT it just so happens the FT cylinder intake landed at 77 no gasket. Lucky cylinder? Don’t know but I literally did not touch the intake port. :nusenuse:

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not bad for not having machine work. I’m usually the first one to say you need machine work to get the intake where it needs to be without having to grind it because that’s affecting the velocity in a negative way grinding it down a lot. BUT it just so happens the FT cylinder intake landed at 77 no gasket. Lucky cylinder? Don’t know but I literally did not touch the intake port. :nusenuse:
Hmm. Could possibly be a lucky a cylinder or they are getting more consistent.