High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

[album] Can't get '82 Poulan 3200 running, air/spark/fuel all OK, suspect carb...

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1a6304f9e9917019d5c09d424d824d54.jpg

Here is an 036 I had on my bench I used for demo. Take the recoil cover off to expose the flywheel and the nut holding it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
c5c13eecfa2ff881053b1d5532167598.jpg

This is the drill I use. I have the socket adapter on with a 13mm socket that fits the flywheel nut.

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You should set both needles around 1-1/8 turns out to start. If you have to go more open you very likely need a carb kit. I doubt if the saw is in decent shape that it would even run 2 - 3 turns out.

I am attaching a service manual, an owner's manual and an IPL that should help you out.
Thanks man, always end up having to tear through Google I really appreciate that!

Re the H&L turns-out, where would you default on unknown units? I've never had much luck trying to find OEM-spec H&L settings, think my Echo units are only ones I can find a factory-default for, the rest I have to guess (and I had no idea if an older machine made any difference, I didn't start at 3 turns I worked my way there, and I didn't expect it to run necessarily I was hoping to get it to just fire again, under-assumption that it was fuel-starved and that my turn-outs were just working against that)

@Homemade thanks again for this trick and especially for filming it, it looks like your drill was "Single Speed"? Maybe there's a high/low switch on it or something but I gotta know am I 'clear' & safe to really gun the drill? Is that what I should be aiming for? This saw's max is 7500 rpm and my drill is less than that, so it shouldn't be "overload" so far as the spin on the shaft, but:
. Don’t forget. Spin it counterclockwise
almost worry I'll turn the nut right off of the damn shaft! So yeah am curious if you were gunning that drill or kinda "keeping it at medium"!

Thanks again such a cool trick to know (and just cool as hell watching your drill start-up your saw :D )
[btw sorry for confusion earlier when I mistakenly confused that type of drillbit with the DIY, home-brew type you'd carve to remove a clutch, jeebus that's kinda embarrassing dunno how I was picturing the wrong side when thinking&writing that lol, "am newb" ;) ]

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The book shows initial adjustment of both mixture screws at 1 turn from lightly seated position. Of course this is just a starting point.
As far as using the drill to spin the crank, just use common sense. The drill isn't an impact, it should not spin the nut off. A drill can not spin the engine too fast.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Homemade thanks again for this trick and especially for filming it, it looks like your drill was "Single Speed"? Maybe there's a high/low switch on it or something but I gotta know am I 'clear' & safe to really gun the drill? Is that what I should be aiming for? This saw's max is 7500 rpm and my drill is less than that, so it shouldn't be "overload" so far as the spin on the shaft, but:

almost worry I'll turn the nut right off of the damn shaft! So yeah am curious if you were gunning that drill or kinda "keeping it at medium"!

Thanks again such a cool trick to know (and just cool as hell watching your drill start-up your saw :D )
[btw sorry for confusion earlier when I mistakenly confused that type of drillbit with the DIY, home-brew type you'd carve to remove a clutch, jeebus that's kinda embarrassing dunno how I was picturing the wrong side when thinking&writing that lol, "am newb" ;) ]

The drill is a single speed. Like I said, the no load speed it 3000rpm. More like 2000 when cranking the engine. If you start of slowly for one or two revolutions, then full trigger, you won’t spin the nut off. If you hit it with full throttle on the drill to start, it will be hard to hold on to. If you use an impact, then you’ll spin the nut off. Don’t worry about over speeding the engine. The max chainsaw speed that is listed in the owners manual is more for tuning a ideal fuel air mix and less on over speeding and causing damage.

Don’t feel bad at being a noob with chainsaw repairs. A lot of these tricks I learned as I went and doing anything beyond putting gas and oil in, is more then most will do with a saw.