TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I'm solving the bar debacle (need to lengthen the slot and obtain new adapter or stud rings) I decided to mount a brand new 28" tsumura bar and aggressive full comp 3/8 chain on it. The chain is mostly used. I pulled the clutch and installed a 8 pin 3/8 sprocket.

20200412_162855.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I'm solving the bar debacle (need to lengthen the slot and obtain new adapter or stud rings) I decided to mount a brand new 28" tsumura bar and aggressive full comp 3/8 chain on it. The chain is mostly used. I pulled the clutch and installed a 8 pin 3/8 sprocket.

View attachment 235712

The bench.....its not dirty enough.

You can do better !!!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will preface the use of the 395 as such: I'm not easily impressed. I've run ridiculous powerheads, incredible chains, big sprockets. My best friend competed nationally and is very gifted, so I have access to goodies. This saw slaps every one of those aside. I simply dont have a chain available that can slow this saw. I am an excellent hand sharpener, my best friend and employer can attest to that. This saw is absolutely unbelievable in its power, response, and ability to wow. I am VERY impressed.

Anyone who has second thoughts about ordering a 395 by Randy can toss those doubts to the side. His recipe is not only sound, but smooth, usable and predictable. This is the best saw I've ever touched, used, and enjoyed in the well over ten years I've operated saws and it isnt even broken in.

What else is there to say? Randy was more than attentive, he was excellent to work with.

Dominick

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its nice to get something and it is better than you was expecting.
A man I worked for when I was learning how to log and harvest timber said to me "I do not expect perfection, but I expect excellence"

This exceeds excellence.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maaannnn!!! The saws are there …. and no GTGs!!!!! AAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I have not had a guy with your experience talk about a saw like that since … I don't think I ever have!
I feel the same way about no Get Togethers. I'm hoping all of this is over with before the fall...so I can make the long trek to Jamestown for some friendship and fun.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel the same way about no Get Togethers. I'm hoping all of this is over with before the fall...so I can make the long trek to Jamestown for some friendship and fun.

I think we're all ready for that lots of nice people and it's nice to just sit around and chat, even if you don't race any saws.
:beer-toast1: