880 toy

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will admit that I have used a couple of my stock 026s several times last month. Really just job dependant. Small jobs, I just take the stock saw. Bigger jobs, I take the ported ones.
Only thing I did was open up muffler a bit. Lol
I'm too lazy to port mine now. I sold and traded all the tools to do it with anyway.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could also go old school and get a good sharp ax. [emoji6]

For me, its the fun of running an exquisitely built saw. Puts a smile on my face and makes cutting fun instead of like work. Just my take on it.
But I don't discriminate. I use both ported and stock Stihls. LOL LOL. [emoji23]

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

For me, its the fun of running an exquisitely built saw. Puts a smile on my face and makes cutting fun instead of like work. Just my take on it.
But I don't discriminate. I use both ported and stock Stihls. LOL LOL. [emoji23]
I've cut some with crosscut and axe to do it. Good chain and a decent saw beats ported and *s-word chain every time

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True Dat Mike. I think we all assume that all things are equal with chains sharp and stuff. I know I would never, ever knowingly use a dull chain. Just wouldn't happen. Not safe. Not good for saws.
I used to cut trees with an ax when I was in my teens. My father wouldn't let us use the saw. Only allowed to swing maul to split wood and load wood onto truck. Lol
So I got myself an ax to swing and drop some trees to show my father. LOL

TreeWorks

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Seems as if though I always reach for a stock saw when something needs to be cut for “work” purposes too.
Ehh.... my only stock saw is my top handle ... never really seen the point in making it meaner seeing how It only gets used while hanging from a rope and such... everything else is molested to some degree or another......

Tis truly a bummer you lost interest in the 880 toy ... was really excited to follow that one.

Must be something in the air as I have a 460 project that's been in half over a year now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've cut some with crosscut and axe to do it. Good chain and a decent saw beats ported and *s-word chain every time
Knowing now what I know I feel like I should of got a square grinder instead of ported saws. I always have them rich cause I'd feel like a dip *s-word for grenadeing someone's handy work. Don't get me wrong I use them just not to the full potential

Last edited:

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ehh.... my only stock saw is my top handle ... never really seen the point in making it meaner seeing how It only gets used while hanging from a rope and such... everything else is molested to some degree or another......

Tis truly a bummer you lost interest in the 880 toy ... was really excited to follow that one.

Must be something in the air as I have a 460 project that's been in half over a year now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It's mostly done. Just needed a carb that would tune right. I lost interest in all of them.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe someday you’ll get back into the groove.
I know I’m tired of workin on others peoples chit for pennies
Considering I sold everything but the case splitter it would be a big expense to start back I doubt I'll do it. I'd rather make a little extra off some cattle a year.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Considering I sold everything but the case splitter it would be a big expense to start back I doubt I'll do it. I'd rather make a little extra off some cattle a year.
I got back into fly tying.....you may have noticed. It’s much more relaxing.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score

What's the difference???:risas3:

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And skip a day at the gym. Lol