andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the video.
That is a nice running saw. I bet it gets even better after some running in.
Someone mentioned that maybe I should try the system reset, as she seems to pop a bit too much in the cut and idle slightly high. Is that still a thing with the 592? I thought that ended with the 550 and 562?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might be wrong on this but I believe the 592 will hang with the 395 like you said once the codes fully cracked and understood. I’ve seen some test the Dino test. I believe it was Dino Joe and it’s if I’m correct I believe he got it up over 8 horsepower on a Dino. If I understood it correctly again when you break down the nitty-gritty‘s. It’s very close if not very similar to 395 low torque high torque when you got a broken finger you got time to look things up.
And I have a 395 and 592 now
And of course my 395 in stock so I’m basing this on stock information and not modified.
Modified may change a lot in it like you said crack into the code.

Stock they are close with the 592 have a bit of the upper hand, once ported the 395 has a clear advantage.

And I think Joe just got a new nickname... Dino Joe. Do you think he is more like a Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus, maybe a Allosaurus?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock they are close with the 592 have a bit of the upper hand, once ported the 395 has a clear advantage.

And I think Joe just got a new nickname... Dino Joe. Do you think he is more like a Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus, maybe a Allosaurus?
So cracking into it and modify the 395 gives it a more power over the 592 interesting I like that
That’s exactly why we always depend on the information out there from guys a Do this work and crack into them to give us new life new ideas.

Timjus

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone mentioned that maybe I should try the system reset, as she seems to pop a bit too much in the cut and idle slightly high. Is that still a thing with the 592? I thought that ended with the 550 and 562?
550mkII pop sometimes when weather is cold and saw isnt warm enough when making big cuts. it cools down very fast in cold weather

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. One of three primary reasons I left the forestry industry was several back issues as well as permanently damaged joints and nerves. When handling a skill saw longer than ten minutes at a time it feels like electricity striking my wrist, and every few months my back plays up and I have trouble walking and bending over without excruciating pain.

Kinda the same deal with me. I got my CDL after my logging injury in 2013 and drove log truck, my health really went to crap. Then did mechanic work for a bit, same deal, lots more pain. Only way for me to feel good is to be active and moving all the time

I agree man keeping active helps!!!
I recently had some serious psyiatic problems with my left leg. I am a plumber by trade and I think I have finally reached my limit that my body will take after only ten years doing this. I’m 39 and I pulled my back for the last time at Christmas, psyiatic pain was so bad I couldn’t sit for more than 30 seconds to take a *s-word! Then I got Covid and had a week off, after 4 days of lying down just the right way I can now sit with no problems in my leg. However when I stand now for more than a few minutes without moving my left leg goes numb… it’s been that way since beginning of January and I don’t think it’s going away. However at least now I don’t have excruciating leg pain driving my van to work or going from site to site, weird how it shifted from standing to sitting.. anyways if any of you have any tips PM me lol.

end of the thread hi jack :)

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if it can be adapted. I've modified 372 and 2171 cylinder covers with the plastic flap from 346/357 family saws. Worked wonders when conditions were just right causing icing

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What I meant by being more finicky is that my 572 seems like it would start more easier in the same temperature less pulls
592 seems like it takes more polls and shut off. More
I like to prime them on first start and clean the filter at that time.
Don't even need a full pull. Easy on the parts and body.

Kind of an update found out some reasons why my 28 inch chains were different. I have a Sugi
Bar it’s thicker in a belly and it’s about three-quarter inches longer than my stihl bars I attached some pictures. If you look closely the Sugi bar is behind a stihl View attachment 326255 View attachment 326256 View attachment 326257 bar but it still does not answer why they worked on my 572 and Why it is tight on my 592. Seven pin Drive sprocket. On both saw Answers some of the questions but not all of them.
Temperature near 50 today it started much better.View attachment 326255View attachment 326256View attachment 326257
If you can roll chain over the tip part-way then just put your knee in the bar and bend bar and roll it on. If it has an adapter then you can open up an end on the adapter or grind some out of the top of bar slot.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So cracking into it and modify the 395 gives it a more power over the 592 interesting I like that
That’s exactly why we always depend on the information out there from guys a Do this work and crack into them to give us new life new ideas.
Gotta give it some time. Most porters will likely improve there 592 recipe with time. They literally just came out. Lol