592XP info and a surprise

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get about 80 hours or so use out of a oregon powermatch bar. Usually by the second bar tip and closing the groove slop twice... it’s whooped. It’s a good bar in terms of value for the $ though. Definitely gets the job done. However... in comparison I get more life out of a sugihara, tsumura, cannon or stihl ES bar. Yes... they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for with bars. Just my experiences.

timberjack90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get about 80 hours or so use out of a oregon powermatch bar. Usually by the second bar tip and closing the groove slop twice... it’s whooped. It’s a good bar in terms of value for the $ though. Definitely gets the job done. However... in comparison I get more life out of a sugihara, tsumura, cannon or stihl ES bar. Yes... they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for with bars. Just my experiences.

What do you use forbar oil? I'm using cam2/fvp ,but mostly mystic. We are seeing close to 4 weeks on the first tip (bar ain't worth a new tip) bore cutting oak mostly 30 to 40 trees a day

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 6 of the 24" on different saws
Multiply that by 20+ saws I rotate through
they last me a long time.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Meh
I bought 4 24" Oregon versa cut aluminum core for that price.
Are they sugi quality
No
But there's 4 of them and they light
Compared to lw tsumura I have.
I almost bought a versacut bar before reading some threads about them on this forum. Went with a NOS Total Super Bar instead.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What do you use forbar oil? I'm using cam2/fvp ,but mostly mystic. We are seeing close to 4 weeks on the first tip (bar ain't worth a new tip) bore cutting oak mostly 30 to 40 trees a day
I imagine bore cutting to be harder on the bar than normal cross cutting.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So your getting about 100 hours of use out of the bar by my rough calculation? That’s about on point. Bore cutting is hard on tips. We use either tractor supply or this. ECF102DB-F5FA-433E-A1D3-C144FCE73301.png

Last edited:

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In the wintertime I find you gotta try to keep the tip outta the snow or this will happen if you make a habit of that. View attachment 297019
I tried an aftermarket Archer bar for my Stihl MS150 and during the first or second tank of fuel for that bar it spontaneously converted to a hardnose bar. I'll probably never try another bar made in China. Honestly I've never had any issues with ice or snow with my bars. In the winter I try to keep the logs on ice and snow so if I do make it through the log unexpectedly I'll hit ice instead of rocks or dirt.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried an aftermarket Archer bar for my Stihl MS150 and during the first or second tank of fuel for that bar it spontaneously converted to a hardnose bar. I'll probably never try another bar made in China. Honestly I've never had any issues with ice or snow with my bars. In the winter I try to keep the logs on ice and snow so if I do make it through the log unexpectedly I'll hit ice instead of rocks or dirt.
Oh yeah I’d rather hit ice and snow than dirt anytime. I just noticed that if I’m bore cutting a tree, or bucking a log and the bar is sticking out the other end into a pile of snow while I’m cutting it’s hard on the tip after a while. Must be the hot cold temp change or something. Or the snow washes away the oil off the bar sprocket bearing.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh yeah I’d rather hit ice and snow than dirt anytime. I just noticed that if I’m bore cutting a tree, or bucking a log and the bar is sticking out the other end into a pile of snow while I’m cutting it’s hard on the tip after a while. Must be the hot cold temp change or something. Or the snow washes away the oil off the bar sprocket bearing.
I would bet the temperature difference is the problem, especially if the bar tip is just sitting in what is essentially super cold water at that point.

LouCi4er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On Greek Husqvarna site i see the new X-TOUGH LIGHT bars from 20" to 36" in 1.5 mm gauge( .058).Only "problem" i see is their prices.The 20" has an MSRP of 130€ and the 36" goes up to 240€.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In NZ we pay less for Sugihara than oregan / husky so a bit of a no Brainer down here
40.00 usd shipped from the Amazon when their on sale
usually Sugi is 120-150 tsumura 50-90.00 usd

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is that 80 hours of constant use or??
So how often do you buy a bar? Every month? I have no idea so please excuse the rediculous question :)