WindsorLC33

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey all! So I've been tinkering with a ported 572xp that I bought last year or maybe a little bit longer ago. It's not from a builder not on here, but a known builder. I tried to contact him but haven't heard back.

Long story short.... I was having running and idling issues. I thought maybe an air leak, so I vacuum and pressure tested the crankcase...it passed. Before I blocked off the outlet of the cylinder, to do a pressure/vac test I looked in to see how the piston looked, scored etc, looks fine. Blocked everything off, tested. Good. Now when I took the block off plate off, I again looked in there. Not sure how I didn't see it/notice before... But there is no bottom ring?!

So now there's alot of questions on where did that ring go? Was it ever installed? Was it left out on purpose? Is it in the saw somewhere?

Come to find out my issues, I think are from a leaking nozzle in the carburetor... I think.

Any thoughts or input are appreciated!
Steve

WindsorLC33

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you for the info. I was just wanting to make sure....when I saw it, I had a moment of oh f&#+!