High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

550- 560/562 XP feedback thread

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think it might be a idea to have a place to put "Actual Information" on these saw by way of any issues...as well as "good" reports as to how there holding up.
This may help in forming a "Truer " picture of any faults that show up or not.
Age of saw if pos ..condition ( hrs if pos ) fault .........detail is the thing.
@Spike60 @afleetcommand @Tor R @Mastermind @Onan18 @CoreyB and anyone else who can post.
PS...Please....this is not a Husq auto tune bashing thread...just some real life /workplace data. Please use :thumbsup: OR :( at start of post.

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:( 2016- 550xp .. less than 10 logged hrs...bearing fail on pto side. Fuel info was fine (Husq oil 50:1) .... Husq replaced bearing under Warrantee .
Firewood supplier /ground work/fencing contractor .

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:thumbsup: 2013 -560 ..was a dealer recon in 2014/15... had the later EL carb put on . Good used condition , not a mark on the piston ..runs and starts fine. Spring AV on tank rear replaced at service . Full synth 50:1 oil.
Firewood supplier /groundwork/fencing contractor.

Last edited:

Quzick

Santas little S*itler...
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my english might be bad, but i try my best...

"2012 to 2018, what has been on my workbench with these saws" not counted, but i think more than 200 has shown me hes insides ...

*piston ring pin/stopper loose in piston after few (to 100) hours on it. result: wrecked Cylinder & Piston. *** not seen after 2015...

*crankcase gasket leakage. result: scored Piston & Cylinder ***fixed with new green gasket, and later with new crankcase (6bolt style, one half magnesium, other aluminium) ***still if the 5series saw comes to shop im able to tighten these screws

*cylinder gasket leakage(tightening bolts regurally is needed, by the client/owner also). result: scored Piston & Cylinder ***fixed with silicon-bond between cylinder and crankcase(but case halves are still warped, not on the same height...)

*cylinder transfer covers and seals leakage. result: scored Piston & Cylinder. ***still appears time on time

*crankshaft or bearing failure, crank spins in bearing(no matter what side). result: bad vacum/pressure in crankcase. result: saw wont start, work properly when engine cold or warm. some had scored cylinder piston aswell. ***not seen after 2015....something changed in manufacturing, tighter tolerances/bearing seats maybe, but the crankshaft is still hollow inside and it is in my perspective view a weakspot...

*crankshaft lower needle bearing breaking, big tolerances. result: basically worst what u can imagine, seen also splitted rods. everything is possible :D:D ***still seeing it to happen....

*crankshaft bearing breaking both sides. result: engine is permanently stopped. have seen also working ones, but these were only making some kind of dying noise. ***not seen so often anymore, new bearings with tougher races...

*carb failures(maybe due a bad patch of fuel, maybe bad part from the carburettor supplier...). result: saw wont idle, rev up, or even start. ***still happening

*heavy abuse of the saw, dull chain and large wood, very dirty chainsaw, low cooling effect, overheating - the engine/ECU do not now what to do. result: piston ring burns in piston groove due carbon ***still happening

*have seen also a non quality JASO FB fuel mixig oil fail, due the lubrication and overheating - the engine/ECU also wont know what to do. result: piston ring burns in piston groove due carbon.

*have also seen after 150 hours, the worn out oil seals on both side of the crankcase. Result: saw wont idle, rew up, and some times scored piston & cylinder.

and yes i still like Husqvarna saws. in winter the 550xpg is just awsome :D

Last edited:

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my english might be bad, but i try my best...

*piston ring pin/stopper loose in piston after few (to 100) hours on it. result: wrecked Cylinder & Piston. *** not seen after 2015...

*crankcase gasket leakage. result: scored Piston & Cylinder ***fixed with new green gasket, and later with new crankcase (6bolt style, one half magnesium, other aluminium) ***still if the 5series saw comes to shop im able to tighten these screws

*cylinder gasket leakage(tightening bolts regurally is needed, by the client/owner also). result: scored Piston & Cylinder ***fixed with silicon-bond between cylinder and crankcase(but case halves are still warped, not on the same height...)

*cylinder transfer covers and seals leakage. result: scored Piston & Cylinder. ***still appears time on time

*crankshaft or bearing failure, crank spins in bearing(no matter what side). result: bad vacum/pressure in crankcase. result: saw wont start, work properly when engine cold or warm. some had scored cylinder piston aswell. ***not seen after 2015....something changed in manufacturing, tighter tolerances/bearing seats maybe, but the crankshaft is still hollow inside and it is in my perspective view a weakspot...

*crankshaft lower needle bearing breaking, big tolerances. result: basically worst what u can imagine, seen also splitted rods. everything is possible :D:D ***still seeing it to happen....

*crankshaft bearing breaking both sides. result: engine is permanently stopped. have seen also working ones, but these were only making some kind of dying noise. ***not seen so often anymore, new bearings with tougher races...

*carb failures(maybe due a bad patch of fuel, maybe bad part from the carburettor supplier...). result: saw wont idle, rev up, or even start. ***still happening

*heavy abuse of the saw, dull chain and large wood, very dirty chainsaw, low cooling effect, overheating - the engine/ECU do not now what to do. result: piston ring burns in piston groove due carbon ***still happening

*have seen also a non quality JASO FB fuel mixig oil fail, due the lubrication and overheating - the engine/ECU also wont know what to do. result: piston ring burns in piston groove due carbon.

*have also seen after 150 hours, the worn out oil seals on both side of the crankcase. Result: saw wont idle, rew up, and some times scored piston & cylinder.

and yes i still like Husqvarna saws. in winter the 550xpg is just awsome :D
Now that’s a lot of great information!

Quzick

Santas little S*itler...
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and my remark, freshly rebuilded ones by hand seem to last longer then factory ones...

older ones(2012) had better crankcase/cylinder matching surface.. now the 550xp-s from 2016-17-18 seemed to leak again and again from that area... one case halve slightly lower than the other(seen this on few saws and after complete rebuild the heights are slightly better)... and maybe the cylinder itself can not stay cool enough, thermodynamical forces etc..

i've seen mystical ones with 2000h on them to. but very rare sight... usually on 600h without any maintenance( lazy saw operator, logger), its done/ripe internally..

soon ill see the new ones (on this saturday/thursday), i hope they let me share some info to u too...maybe........ or i get "banned" from Husqvarna :D

Last edited: