kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's nearly impossible to trouble shoot anything over the internet and the best anybody could do is an educated guess .This rattle or whatever it is could be anything .It might be a worn out anti vibration mount which I have seen .
Cant argue with that. Best i can do is post videos and pictures. ill have to interpret as best i can and make a decision.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
5:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The minute amount of vertical play you are describing does not match the description of "it sounds like a tractor" ie...one does not explain the other.

I like the idea of using a new pin bearing and new clutch springs

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you sure it’s not just too rich, and blowing some back into the intake,
there can be a clattery noise at idle under the rich condition,
I seen a filter vibrating and clattering because of this,
was there a smidge of fuel / oil in the intake piping.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The minute amount of vertical play you are describing does not match the description of "it sounds like a tractor" ie...one does not explain the other.

I like the idea of using a new pin bearing and new clutch springs
When it was idling thats what it sounded like, its what lead me on this ‘quest’ lol.
Eh clearly i just dont have the experience to diagnose this properly.
You guys are always excellent help as always!!! Its given me alot of info and insite into this saw.
I may bring the crank into my local shop and ask them what they think as they will actually be able to handle it.

ill update as i find out more

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When it was idling thats what it sounded like, its what lead me on this ‘quest’ lol.
Eh clearly i just dont have the experience to diagnose this properly.
You guys are always excellent help as always!!! Its given me alot of info and insite into this saw.
I may bring the crank into my local shop and ask them what they think as they will actually be able to handle it.

ill update as i find out more

You put a lot more faith into your shop than I do mine. Around here, if you brought something like that in, they probably wouldn't touch it, and if they did, they'd tell you you need a new saw.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You put a lot more faith into your shop than I do mine. Around here, if you brought something like that in, they probably wouldn't touch it, and if they did, they'd tell you you need a new saw.
Yep most places here do that. There are only a few people i talk to at my dealer that are actual people and talk to you and treat you like one.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im sorry...been trying to follow along...is this thing split yet ?
If not can you pop off the flywheel and use the nut and a wrench to turn it and eliminate one more possibility ? something hitting the flywheel from behind.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Many dealers aren't really interested in reviving an old saw .By the time they do a complete overhaul with parts an labor they have as much in it as a new saw costs .I have one dealer I raid his dead saw pile every so often and get saws really cheap .They weren't dead .Very few actually needed much as a matter of fact .
The last one I revived was an older Echo a dealer told the owner had a bad coil .About ten bucks and an hour with a new carb kit it ran just fine . The owner thought I was some kind of wizard ,nothing could be farther from the truth,it's not magic .--10 for the parts,a case of Bud Light for the mechanic .--BTW we both played on the same baseball team in HS which was over 50 years ago .

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently picked up 2 395's, both have had the big end bearing fail and score the piston/cylinder with cage fragments. Im not sure of there history.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently picked up 2 395's, both have had the big end bearing fail and score the piston/cylinder with cage fragments. Im not sure of there history.
What year are theey stamped? Lol i got this theory that 2018 around there was A bad year for husky