High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372XP X-torq 75cc Conversion & Porting

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just got my numbers out of my old phone: 100/122/75. Exhaust at 70% of bore, intake widened and squared

Kinda want to give it a little more intake time after finding that, like around 78-79.

On the other hand, the fricken thing runs pretty strong. I wonder if the larger intake area I gave it makes up for being 10 degrees short of square with exhaust duration...Probably should just leave well enough alone

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got my numbers out of my old phone: 100/122/75.

Kinda want to give it a little more intake time after finding that, like around 78-79
Yup I've got adjustments to make after learning more too. My XT ended up at 78 with just the BG delete which I think is right near where it should be.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just timed the new cylinder, came in at 103/127/76 without the base gasket. So as I suspected the timing of the cylinder blew my plan out of the water a little. Since there's no fun in not grinding I'm gonna set the exhaust at 100 and widen it to 70% of bore. I'd like to keep this engine as square as it is now so I'm gonna set the intake at 79* BTDC. Transfers are going to get raised to 123* for 23* of blow down and shaped more to aim them toward the intake. I'm gonna leave the lowers alone, Joe took the big humps out of his and I'm curious to see if this saw will run just as good with them in there. I think the new charge will favor the primary transfer more if I leave them there. Be back in a few hours, I got some grinding to do.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like all the build threads guys, keep them coming, run down and grab that 254 next.lol

If it weren't for that 242xp being there begging to be adopted, the 254 is probably what I would have brought home. Next time we go into the junk shed :)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For anyone following that's curious, here's what 23* of blowdown looks like. The transfers will be opening at this point. The bottom of the ring is where the top of the piston will be in the exhaust port. The port isn't finished so don't critique me too hard yet...lol.
IMG_0661.JPG

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just timed the new cylinder, came in at 103/127/76 without the base gasket. So as I suspected the timing of the cylinder blew my plan out of the water a little. Since there's no fun in not grinding I'm gonna set the exhaust at 100 and widen it to 70% of bore. I'd like to keep this engine as square as it is now so I'm gonna set the intake at 79* BTDC. Transfers are going to get raised to 123* for 23* of blow down and shaped more to aim them toward the intake. I'm gonna leave the lowers alone, Joe took the big humps out of his and I'm curious to see if this saw will run just as good with them in there. I think the new charge will favor the primary transfer more if I leave them there. Be back in a few hours, I got some grinding to do.
Primary is the one with the big humps..