Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys,
my 372xp is leaking oil from the oil pump adjuster screw. I've noticed a pool under it lately and I've wiped the saw down and within 8 hours the oil is back again. I see the drop is coming down from the adjuster screw.

I found this reference to another site where someone had the same issue.

so is that indicative that the pump is leaking? Is there something I can do to refurbish the oil pump?

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check to see if the oil pump housing is cracked where the screw seats- I've had many a 385/390 oil pump crack there from ham-handed operators.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did you just put a different bar on it? Oiler holes all the way through can leak out the side cover on husky saws.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pulled the oil pump and disassembled it. No internal o-rings or anything worn out. I had already replaced the gasket on the brass tube. I checked the rubber oil pickup tube and it was still supple, but it looks like a lot of oil was bypassing it. As gravity pulled it down in the area behind the clutch it was likely dropping off the pump's adjuster screw. I saw the solutions suggested online.
1) get a new oil pickup tube. Mostly because it's cheap and often fixes the problem, but the problem is usually degraded rubber that you can see our feel.
2) use some gel crazy glue. Shop talk with the chainsaw guy suggested it, but i don't like the idea of crazy glueing rubber to the case.
3) use hylomar gasket sealant around the oil pickup tube. This was suggested by Andy Reynolds on YouTube. But the tube of sealant costs more than the dang pickup tube.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk