huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If my explanation doesn't make sense or is too complicated, please tell me and I'll try and clarify!!

We need moar pics of the disassembled oil pump plz. And better instructions

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well here I am in my basement chainsaw bunker finally tearing into this 084AV for its long awaited overhaul (I've been gathering up parts here, there and EVERYWHERE for over a year now), I'm pissing around taking the oil pump apart and do a search and BAM....this post comes up instantly.

20230102_142243.jpg

20230102_153823.jpg

Great thread Mark, I'll be sure to do this mod on my pump when I put it all back together! Now that I've resurrected this thread, does anyone have this drive gear and metal tang assembly laying around they'd sell me? The gear has chunks out of it and the metal tang is in 4 pieces (should be one piece)! This poor saw musta been through a war.....

20230102_153931.jpg

Any help with the parts above would be the teets, boys. And Happy New Year!!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well here I am in my basement chainsaw bunker finally tearing into this 084AV for its long awaited overhaul (I've been gathering up parts here, there and EVERYWHERE for over a year now), I'm pissing around taking the oil pump apart and do a search and BAM....this post comes up instantly.

View attachment 360004

View attachment 360005

Great thread Mark, I'll be sure to do this mod on my pump when I put it all back together! Now that I've resurrected this thread, does anyone have this drive gear and metal tang assembly laying around they'd sell me? The gear has chunks out of it and the metal tang is in 4 pieces (should be one piece)! This poor saw musta been through a war.....

View attachment 360006

That oil pump drive is a tough one to find buddy.

You can use an 088 drive, and clutch drum. Not as strong, but at least you can use it.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 360004

View attachment 360005

View attachment 360006

Hello Scotty, I believe I may have a spare drive as pictured at home (I need to check though). I'm away traveling until the end of the week and will check when I get home. As Randy says, my own 084 I upgraded to the 088 style (you need to replace the clutch drum as well).

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Scotty, I believe I may have a spare drive as pictured at home (I need to check though). I'm away traveling until the end of the week and will check when I get home. As Randy says, my own 084 I upgraded to the 088 style (you need to replace the clutch drum as well).
That would be sweet, Mark! LMK if you find it, no big hurry as this saw is a project for rainy and snowy days. I'm gonna get the bottom end back together once it's done in the ultra sonic cleaner snd star tinkering around with the cylinder.

I'll keep an eye open for a cylinder.....

Whats a safe squish for these bigger cc saws? This is the first I've had one of these big boys apart this far....lol

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Mark, just for clarification, if the little manual oiler plunger has an OAL of 25.90mm, we are to take only .08mm off of the forked end, leaving the finished OAL at 25.82mm? Just making sure before I wreck this thing.....

Where the red arrow is pointedI...

20230102_195728.jpg

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And one last question....what size is that little o-ring on the white plastic plunger cap at the back of the oiler? Looks to be about a 13.35MM ID × 1MM thickness....

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Mark, just for clarification, if the little manual oiler plunger has an OAL of 25.90mm, we are to take only .08mm off of the forked end, leaving the finished OAL at 25.82mm? Just making sure before I wreck this thing.....

Where the red arrow is pointedI...

View attachment 360030
You need to take .8mm off so take it down to 25.1mm and yes you are correct, grind the ends of the 'fork' where your red arrow is pointed.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scotty, Media CAT tells me it is a 13 x 1mm o'ring, part number 9645 945 1300
Yes sir I got that also after a search. Thanks for your help Mark! Saved me some grief with oiling issues, I'm sure. I also took all the dry, cracked, stiff crunchy housing material off the aux oiler cable and oiled it good, I'm going to put a piece of small diameter heat shrink tubing over it to "reseal" it so it keeps some of the dirt at bay. LMK if yiu happen to find those oil oiler parts, if not I'm probably just gonna get the updated spur gear and an 088/880 sprocket.