High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

359 husky intake clamp /boot, what do I need?

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was gonna buy the parts
To replace the plastic clamp,
What should I buy,
I found a partition with a metal clamp,
And then a boot,
Do I need to replace both parts?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Cobey.
Had a look at The IPL and the pt number seems the same all the way through ...I have 503 92-87-01
If you are SURE the one you have is ok then it should fit on the new partition wall unit.

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Cobey.
Had a look at The IPL and the pt number seems the same all the way through ...I have 503 92-87-01
If you are SURE the one you have is ok then it should fit on the new partition wall unit.
Everything in there is old, it runs good,
But not sure I want to trust the old one

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Everything in there is old, it runs good,
But not sure I want to trust the old one
Its not a 5 min job to get it all back together and then disassemble again ...so …new may be your way to go if its a older saw. Oh..do the little impulse hose too while your at it. Over here the bellows/intake is 20.00 pounds sterling.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used a 372 clamp had to remove some plastic off to fit.Pic from a 357 should be the same.
View attachment 12463
Thats good to know as the snap in clamp with the new partition wall is a bit of a bugger if you want to remove it again after fitting. I made a modified jaw pair of pliers to get the band installed but that spring steel band is not grate unless it clicks in 1st time.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The trick on the snap band is to snap it before you slide it on the jug. It will fit......just gotta wiggle it on.
Really !… I assumed it would just be to darn tight to go on compared to the plastic effort . Getting the impulse nipple to sit in the hole in the intake stem was another of my worries. Il give it a go though on a parts cylinder and partition wall and bellows.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, do the partition kit with steel clamp. And if the rubber intake boot is at all questionable go ahead and replace that too along with the pulse line while you are in there....

Just FYI: You will find that removing the cylinder will make it MUCH easier to replace the partition and intake boot. I have never tried doing this job without pulling the cylinder because it looks pretty near impossible to do without breaking things that shouldn't be broken...

Good time to do a base gasket delete!

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like said before, you have to take the cylinder off to get the old partition apart. I'd replace the the whole thing while you're at it. Boot, partition, and clamp. The impulse line too. You can remove the limiters on the carb adjustments and loose the base gasket and have some fun!

As they say, "We're in town now, might as well go to the dance too!"

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like said before, you have to take the cylinder off to get the old partition apart. I'd replace the the whole thing while you're at it. Boot, partition, and clamp. The impulse line too. You can remove the limiters on the carb adjustments and loose the base gasket and have some fun!

As they say, "We're in town now, might as well go to the dance too!"
The limiters are long gone,
I think you have ran this saw, it was my old stock 65 and under saw. It
Had some good wins (all chain ) ;)

DSS

widebody
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I use a little......but some like it dry.
037a7808f257219bf2e4f1591fbd1625.jpg