PAST 2019 CT GTG May 18

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mason, I did run it in NY … remember … it was the top ported 460 w/same B+C! The saw is a Beast!

Even though I sharpened chains before the GTG, a lot of that wood was dirty, so no way to ensure it stays sharp throughout the day!

Jeff, you obviously did not read my previous post, so I will highlight it for ya!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can come to the GTG with the sharpest, best feeding chain in the world, but if it hits crap in the wood it will not stay that way for long.
Yes. Very true. I killed a real nice Dallas square grind .325. In about 12 cuts. Hit dirt. [emoji20]
That chain was real nice too.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Very true. I killed a real nice Dallas square grind .325. In about 12 cuts. Hit dirt. [emoji20]
That chain was real nice too.
lol I told you that was a test grind and I’ll get it improved so no worries about it I want durability in the chains

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just feel bad that I fugged up a real good chain... [emoji17]
Cut real good though. Fast and smooth. Easy on the saw.
no worries it may be a play grind
If you knew how much I throw away you’d cry

Portuguese bike riding.
lol I’m only about 205 lol
That setup he had on the 500i with the 28” bar cut well all day and seemed to stay sharp. Real nice.
that’s what I like to see I don’t want to see just a few cuts before dull

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike did you try Sondres monster solo? There's a saw that's fun to lean on. Had a ball lugging it through the big stuff out in the field. Impressive chips off that thing... 404 chain Sondre?

Daryl's big Mac can be lugged a bit too... Big chips there too.

This is where we missed having Lee!

I like a nice self feed chain setup too. My 385 self fed through the round oak staged by the excavator but you can lug it if you want and it responds well by throwing more chips. Did well against 395 in NY and I think it was Josh/Joe 395 it was holding its own against. Skip chain with 8 pin a nice combo. A bit nose heavy with the 32" Oregon lite but I don't mind.

I enjoyed having some big-time husky guys Josh, and Joe and the boys! Next year bring Kevin and pull Dan in for Team Husky... And of course Mason!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike did you try Sondres monster solo? There's a saw that's fun to lean on. Had a ball lugging it through the big stuff out in the field. Impressive chips off that thing... 404 chain Sondre?

Daryl's big Mac can be lugged a bit too... Big chips there too.

This is where we missed having Lee!

I like a nice self feed chain setup too. My 385 self fed through the round oak staged by the excavator but you can lug it if you want and it responds well by throwing more chips. Did well against 395 in NY and I think it was Josh/Joe 395 it was holding its own against. Skip chain with 8 pin a nice combo. A bit nose heavy with the 32" Oregon lite but I don't mind.

I enjoyed having some big-time husky guys Josh, and Joe and the boys! Next year bring Kevin and pull Dan in for Team Husky... And of course Mason!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Eric, that was 3/8” full comp with an 8 pin. That’s a fun saw to run. There’s seems to be no end to the torque in that thing. Not the fastest saw, but one of the most fun, in my opinion.