High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

038 magll

Crocodile Lyle

OPE Member
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have 3 038 magll but only one of them has the triple port muffler. Did not all magll come with this or do I just have a couple that have been changed to a dual port? Both have what look to be original mufflers and are stihl oem casings and covers. I've been looking for the triple port muffler for what seems forever, they are hard to find.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It most likely depends on when it was made and where .Of my two one was made in Germany and one in Brazil .The German model was a one port until I reworked it and the Brazilian is a dual port .I've never seen a three port myself .

For that matter some creative work with a die grinder could easily turn a single or double into a three port .
I had a wild hair once and cut a great big hole in the front of a spare muffler front .Made it loud enough to raise the dead but didn't make it run any faster .

Crocodile Lyle

OPE Member
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
All of them are early models, they have the metal ID tag on the top cover with the rivets. All the flywheel housings tags indicate made in west Germany. I'm just trying to restore them to like new condition. I was under the assumption that all magll were triple port because that was the only difference between them and a regular 038 magnum

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To tell the truth I never paid much attention to how many ports were in the mufflers .Like I said it's just some creative work with a die grinder to get more .Plus if you wanted to making a shroud is not a big thing either .

Buuut---- if you going to all that trouble relieve the muffler of additional weight ,namely baffle plate ,directors and screens .Quiet and fast don't belong in the same sentence .:)

kpkustoms

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My new to me 038 mag has a single port muffler its the small port on cover weird the one I just got rid of was a super with a duel port

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a 3 port on ebay a yr ago for the 038 mag ll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe i just found another on ebay ill know in a few days

The ipl is a little confusing

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To tell the truth I never paid much attention to how many ports were in the mufflers .Like I said it's just some creative work with a die grinder to get more .Plus if you wanted to making a shroud is not a big thing either .

Buuut---- if you going to all that trouble relieve the muffler of additional weight ,namely baffle plate ,directors and screens .Quiet and fast don't belong in the same sentence .:)

Just a little warning my ported mag ll with 3 port is a ear bleeder its stupid

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of them are early models, they have the metal ID tag on the top cover with the rivets. All the flywheel housings tags indicate made in west Germany. I'm just trying to restore them to like new condition. I was under the assumption that all magll were triple port because that was the only difference between them and a regular 038 magnum

Pm me if your gonna paint it

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well muff finally showed up
d46509a7827a577ca81a9e2616d89a52.jpg
0cf41313e07890cb26a81cc3f969b7ed.jpg
21ee0a79df9afcd10ffcb47b0e1f822b.jpg

Just a few pics to see what it look like

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want that thing to run cut all that incidental sheet metal out of that thing .Baffle cage,deflectors etc .