High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What kind of Firewood furnace do you have ?

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Baker woodstove in my basement. It's somewhat near my forced hot air oil furnace. I remove the blower access cover in the cold months and turn the fan on. With the basement door slightly cracked, it circulates pretty good.
View attachment 43408
baker made a shroud that went over the blower vent that you could run duct into your furnace. went to school with one of the Baker boys. i run one in the shop and it keeps the shop at 70* most of the time.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen those types of hoods but not on a Baker. Don't see them on their website either, and @ this point I can definitely not afford custom work. My set up seems to work pretty good as is. I had the house 77 degrees before bed last night. Very cool that you know/knew one of them. Their showroom isn't far from us, I should swing by and check it out. I've wanted a piece of glass for mine to view the fire. I could use a set of door rivets too.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen those types of hoods but not on a Baker. Don't see them on their website either, and @ this point I can definitely not afford custom work. My set up seems to work pretty good as is. I had the house 77 degrees before bed last night. Very cool that you know/knew one of them. Their showroom isn't far from us, I should swing by and check it out. I've wanted a piece of glass for mine to view the fire. I could use a set of door rivets too.
i don't know if they make the hoods anymore or not. not much of a showroom either. iv'e gone there to get a door gasket before and i'm probably due for a new one. my buddy had to replace the glass in his baker stove and when he called them they sent him to a regular glass place. the special glass for his was $109 at browns glass in york. his girlfriend broke it a week after he replaced it. he took the door to work and welded a piece of steel in it.

pa-aaronq

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I actually build one for my stove a good many years ago and I just now took it off because I'm finishing my basement off and I don't want exposed ductwork anymore. It will fit a heat king size stove. You can have it if you want. I hate to throw it away.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, if it isn't too much trouble send me a pic or two and I'll see it I can put it to use. Mine's a Challenger and is 21.5"w according to their info.

I'll scrap the glass idea...

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad had a stove in the basement. He cut a 55 gal drum in half long ways and fitted a 8" pipe out of it into the hot air ductwork and ran the blower fan in the heater, before he bought a dedicated furnace setup with its own blower.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, let me change the request... slides?
slides.gif

LOL!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the basement we have a wood furnace and in the living room we use a Vermont Castings, Dutchwest large. It's got a bed of glowing coals in it now that I can see from my chair. We heat our house 100% with wood (when we're in town).

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Charmaster with the oil backup. Heats our DHW in the winter, and makes nice forced air heat.

It can be a bit of a wood eater, but it's simple and runs well. I've heard they may have gone under, but I haven't needed parts so far.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are near me they're still in business, just don't sell a epa furnace.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes there website is gone and there phone number has changed. They now sell a few different wood stove/ fireplace brands.
It's a shame if you ask me, the epa putting small town businesses of 30-40 years out of business!