High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a big Glock 42 fan and have two of them. I shoot them as well or even better than most full size pistols. My one gripe is that the 42 has a crappy trigger pull, even by Glock standards. Even with the OEM minus connector its about 8 pounds. You can get it down with reduced power firing pin springs, however I find that even the name brand ones will lose their tension alot faster than OEM. Was shooting one of my 42's today and had two light strikes out of 25 rounds. This was with ammo using a lot of Winchester primers that I know is very soft, hence they are used for my carry rounds. I went ahead and changed both pistols back to OEM springs. They open groups up some but are still well within minute of bad guy cranium.
Same here. I shoot my 42 better than any gun i own. However, the new S&W Bodyguard 2.0 has my attention.

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't generally carry my G32 (same size as the 19) from May-Sept...too hot to wear the clothes needed to conceal it.
Appendix carrying in jeans with a T shirt, it covers up pretty good.

I want to switch to the IncogX from haley strategic so I can run a light, but I haven't done it yet.
My dad uses one with his glock and he likes it.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I alternate between my shield plus and Taurus gx4 as being my favorite
The shield has a bit better trigger
To me but both have been extremely reliable i have a couple thousand rounds through them nowIMG_20240706_124231.jpg
I'll probably get the gx4 carry later on I've seen them for around 200-250.00 often
It's slightly larger size and 15rnd mags and optics mount than the gx4

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I alternate between my shield plus and Taurus gx4 as being my favorite
The shield has a bit better trigger
To me but both have been extremely reliable i have a couple thousand rounds through them nowView attachment 430842
I'll probably get the gx4 carry later on I've seen them for around 200-250.00 often
It's slightly larger size and 15rnd mags and optics mount than the gx4
I ended up getting a shield plus after you posted about it on here. Love the gun…not really a range gun, but I can connect with my steel plate at 50yds with it pretty well. I probably carry it the most out of my options.

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always carry the biggest gun I can based on what I am doing. Usually a 4" 357 on the farm. M&P45c at work, and have been known to carry an lcp when deeper concealment is required. Haven't needed any except the 357, a yote didn't like it.

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always carry the biggest gun I can based on what I am doing. Usually a 4" 357 on the farm. M&P45c at work, and have been known to carry an lcp when deeper concealment is required. Haven't needed any except the 357, a yote didn't like it.
Do you ever keep any snake shot in the .357? I dusted a few snakes with mine when we were living in Arkansas.

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you ever keep any snake shot in the .357? I dusted a few snakes with mine when we were living in Arkansas.
During snake season, I carry two cylinders with snake shot. Cylinders 5&6. I have time with snakes to be selective. I also make my own snake shot. 38 case, 1 grain of bullseye, a cardboard wad, fill case with #7 or #8 shot. Cardboard wad on top with a roll crimp. Then I dip open was end in melted bees wax. Break off the extra wax. Works well on rats too.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up getting a shield plus after you posted about it on here. Love the gun…not really a range gun, but I can connect with my steel plate at 50yds with it pretty well. I probably carry it the most out of my options.
With the 15rnd mags which are very hard to load to 15 the shield plus
It's more comfortable to shoot at the range i can nearly match my mid and full-size pistol accuracy with it
My favorite range guns are the commander or glock 19/23 size
I have a 3.6 2.0 i really like i have it out for home defense.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not really a fan of the red dots but the kids and first time shooter's really
Do great with them
I had a girl a first time shooter clean the plate rack 5 times in a row with a Taurus tx .22 compact and a shield plus with dots on them
Those taurus's are great trainers for most striker fired micro compacts.
And they have 16rnd mags now.IMG_20240809_112625.jpg

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not really a fan of the red dots but the kids and first time shooter's really
Do great with them
I had a girl a first time shooter clean the plate rack 5 times in a row with a Taurus tx .22 compact and a shield plus with dots on them
Those taurus's are great trainers for most striker fired micro compacts.
And they have 16rnd mags now.View attachment 430865
I recently got one…have been very impressed with it. It even runs on bulk ammo.